Chapter 91

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I finished putting on my heels and stood up. I looked at myself in my full-length mirror and felt like I was finally getting back to feeling like my old self.

I was in this two-piece red leather outfit. It was a long skirt and cropped bra like top. I had put on black heels to finish off the look. My hair was down and in wavy curls.

Tonight was Dominic's birthday and he invited me out to celebrate with him and his friends.

I hadn't been out to have just a fun night since giving birth. I had been staying at the hospital all day until visiting hours were over and tonight I was finally going to let loose.

I needed this night out.

I picked up my purse, as there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said.

The door opened and Caleb stood in the doorway.

"Damn," he said clearly checking me out.

Having him stare at me made me self-conscious. I had healed from having my C-section but I still felt weird about the changes my body had gone through since that day I gave birth.

Caleb's the only person aside from myself and my doctor who has seen my stomach since my C-section. He saw my stomach when it still had stitches.

"Don't stare... it makes me nervous," I said.

"Where are you going? Cheyenne and I were going to watch a movie on Netflix and I was coming to see if you wanted to come downstairs and join us," Caleb said.

"I would but I have plans," I said.

"With?" Caleb asked.

"Dominic if you must know," I said.

"Hold up? You're dressed like that for him? Is this a date or something because I thought you weren't trying to be in a relationship right now?" Caleb asked with a hint of jealousy.

"Relax it's his birthday and he is just having a little get together with some friends and invited me," I explained.

"Invited you as his date?" Caleb questioned.

"No. As his friend," I clarified.

"Well if you're going as just his friend what's with the sexy outfit..." Caleb said.

"You think it's sexy?" I asked.

"It's red leather what man wouldn't think it's sexy. The shit looks like it's painted on your body." Caleb said.

"After my C-section I haven't felt all that great about my body... I want to get back to feeling how I use to. It took me years to get comfortable in my skin and I'm not trying to not feel confident again," I said.

"Zoey you don't have to wear stuff like that to get attention you know that right? You're beautiful in sweatpants and a tank top," Caleb said as he walked towards me.

"Thanks but I think I'll stick with what I have on for tonight. You and Cheyenne have fun with your Netflix and Chill. Don't let her pick the movie though because she has horrible taste," I joked.

The doorbell rung and I headed towards the door. Caleb followed me downstairs and Cheyenne had opened the front door by the time we got downstairs.

"Zoey!" Cheyenne called out.

"I'm right behind you," I said as I came up beside her.

"Breathtaking," Dominic said when he saw me.

All In (Interracial Romance)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें