Chapter 27

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

Evan opened the door and let me inside.

I had driven over to his house unannounced because I needed someone to talk to after my break up with Zoey. I hadn't been able to sleep or get her off my mind since our pregnancy scare.

"Hey man what are you doing here?" Evan asked.

"I need to talk to you," I said slightly panicked.

"Alright lets go into the kitchen," Evan said.

We walked through the living room and to the kitchen. We passed by Evan's sons in the living room. Just seeing his kids made me feel something. Made me wonder what it'd be like if I had my own.

What if Zoey had have really been pregnant. Would becoming a father really be so horrible?

"What's up?" Evan asked.

"Zoey," I said.

"What about Zoey?" Evan asked.

"Well we had a pregnancy scare," I said.

"Meaning she's not pregnant?" Evan questioned.

"Yeah. But man we thought she was. But she took a test and she's not. Since the test came back negative I saw that she was slightly sad. I asked her if she wanted a kid and she said she wouldn't have minded being pregnant. I told her I wasn't really ready for a baby and we got in this huge argument. She yelled at me about not always using protection and how I'm not as serious as she is about this relationship. Dude Zoey's cool and all but I feel like she and I have rushed things a bit. I told her I wanted to slow down and take a break... see other people," I explained.

"I'm guessing she didn't take that well?" Evan asked.

"Not at all. She thinks I'm playing games with her. Look I don't want to hurt her but I'm not good at this serious relationship stuff like you. Man what should I do. She left my place in tears last night. I wanted to go after her because I didn't like seeing her so upset. But I still just let her leave," I said.

"Do you really like her?" Evan asked.

"Yeah. She's cool. I've been able to open up to her in a way I never have opened up to any other female," I said.

"Sounds like me and Jasmine. When I was falling for Jasmine she was the scared one and I always was chasing after her and making sure to reassure her that I was in the relationship fully. Man if you like Zoey enough to make things serious and long term don't let too much time pass you by. Don't let there be too much space between you two," Evan advised.

"Maybe I'll just give her the weekend alone. I'll call her Monday and see if we can get dinner or something and talk things out," I said.

"Sounds good," Evan said.

"So how are you? Where's Jasmine?" I asked.

"I'm good. Jasmine just left for New York. She's picking out her wedding dress this weekend," Evan said.

"Oh so this is really happening now?" I asked.

"Yup. December 12th is the wedding date," Evan said.

"Of this year?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah. We're done putting it off. We're making things official. Jasmine's going to have my last name. She's even agreed to us having at least one more child. We're trying for a girl," Evan said happily.

"Man you're so whipped on her," I chuckled.

"I don't mind it because I'm fully in love. She's my whole world man. I can't even think about my life without her in it," Evan said.