Chapter 81

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

"You seem down what's up?" Olivia asked as we sat down on a nearby bench.

It had been two weeks since Zoey gave birth to our child and in those two weeks she's ignored me.

I'd been at the hospital everyday just waiting in the waiting room. I was giving her space and trying to be patient. I was letting her run things and keep me from our child if that was what she needed to heal.

But it was hell. I wanted to see our baby. I wanted to know if I had a daughter or son.

I was starting to lose hope that Zoey would ever let me see the baby.

I didn't want to use my connections to force her into letting me see the baby. I just knew if I did that it'd make things worse so here I was just taking what Zoey was dishing out.

Today was the first day I didn't go to the hospital first thing in the morning.

I decided to meet Olivia for our weekly run and talk to her about things.

I knew if I told Evan anything he'd be negative because he seems to hate Zoey now for what she's put me through.

"I got a lot going on... you know that ex I told you about?" I said.

"Yeah the one having a child with another man," Olivia said.

"It turns out the other guy switched the DNA test results... I'm actually the father," I said.

"Wow. Congrats. Is it a boy or girl?" Olivia asked.

"I actually don't know. My ex refuses to let me see the baby and the baby was born four months too early," I said.

"Why is she keeping you away from your child?" Olivia asked.

"Well I had gone out of town with some guy friends and partied. I got the call that she was in the hospital and that the baby was actually mine. I got on the first flight back home and went straight to the hospital without showering or changing clothes. I had been drinking the night before so I smelt of alcohol and my ex was pissed. She accused me of falling off the wagon and doing coke," I explained.

"I know that must of hurt considering how hard you've worked at your sobriety," Olivia said.

"Yeah. It's like she has no faith in me. Then she's pushing me away at every turn. I just feel so lost as on what to do next. I want to meet my baby but she's not having it. Hell I haven't even gotten to sign the birth certificate," I said.

"Do you think she'd name the baby without you?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah. At this point I put nothing pass her," I said.

"I'm sorry she's shutting you out. You're a good guy Caleb. You don't deserve this," Olivia said as she placed her arm over my shoulders.

"I think I'm going to go get some food then head to the hospital. Maybe if I bring her some food she might find a small place in her heart to finally talk to me," I said.

"I don't mean to be pushy or anything but there are lawyers you can call... I mean as a father you have rights if she is denying you of them," Olivia mentioned.

"I know. My mother's a lawyer and my father's a judge. I'm just trying to handle this outside of a courtroom because I know if I start going down that route it'll be hell," I said.

"I understand," Olivia said.

Olivia and I finished up our conversation and I gave her a hug before we parted ways.