Chapter 90

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

A Month Later

"Tell me I'm dreaming. This is not our new home Zoe," Cheyenne said in disbelief as we stood in the kitchen.

It had been a month since Caleb asked for me and Cheyenne to come live with him.

I talked things over with Cheyenne and she thought us moving in with Caleb was a great idea. She was worried for my safety considering Stewart is still out there somewhere. She also thought it would be a great way to start off co-parenting Cecilia.

Caleb had closed on the house quickly and moved himself in. Cheyenne and I had finished out our lease and instead of renewing it decided to come stay with Caleb.

Today was move in day for us and I was nervous.

Caleb and I hadn't been fighting much we keep things about Cecilia and her only.

She was doing so well that the doctor told us we might be able to bring her home next week.

I was so ready for her to get out of the hospital.

"It is," I said as I leaned against the kitchen counter.

The house Caleb bought was very fancy. It was bigger and more luxurious than anything I'd ever lived in. The home was two stories, it had five bedrooms, four and a half baths, a home theater room, and a huge backyard. The backyard had a huge pool and cabana area. Also when you were in the pool you could see up towards the balcony view. The master suite had a balcony that wrapped around so you could see the whole backyard.

Caleb did do good with his house selection.

Also the home had a front gate to get on the property. Caleb didn't play around with the security system.

He had told us all about the cameras on the property and the alarm system. He really was trying to make sure we were safe.

"So I give it about a week before you're rooming with baby daddy," Cheyenne teased.

"Cheyenne I've already told you a rule to me moving in here was that Caleb and I wouldn't cross any lines. We're just co-parenting that's all. Why do you think I picked the room furthest away from his?" I said.

"Zoey you can deny it all you want but you and Caleb are end game. I notice him giving you your space and not being too pushy but that man loves you and I know he wants his family together. You need to stop living in fear and trust him with your heart," Cheyenne said.

"Cheyenne-"

"Alright I got the last box," Caleb interrupted as he walked into the kitchen.

He sat the box down on the floor and walked over to the fridge.

He wiped the sweat off his forehead as he grabbed a bottle of water.

I swallowed hard as I watched my shirtless sweaty hot baby daddy drink water like it was a sport.

"Sure... I can see this roommate thing working out real well for all of us," Cheyenne teased as she nudged me and walked out of the kitchen.

I stopped staring at Caleb and walked around the counter.

"Thanks for helping move us in," I said.

"You're welcome," Caleb said as he placed his water bottle on the counter.

He stood across from me and we just stood there awkwardly in silence.

For the past month I've only been worried about Cecilia and Caleb and I have gotten along.