Chapter 63

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

"You really didn't have to bring me food," I said.

Olivia had texted me to ask me if I was going to the group meeting today and I texted her back that I was sick. I didn't want to tell her I had gotten into a fight and let the other guy kick my ass.

But she offered to bring me some food and since I couldn't really get around much right now since I needed to rest I said sure.

I texted her my address and she came over and brought me some soup, crackers, a soda, and a few other snacks.

I thought it was really nice of her to bring this over.

"I wanted to... besides I thought you were sick for real. Why didn't you just tell me you got into a fight? Was it a bar brawl?" she asked as she moved around in the kitchen fixing me a plate.

"I didn't want to tell you because I'm honestly embarrassed. I actually got in a fight at my ex's house... not outside a bar. A guy I don't get along with was with her and things just didn't end well," I said not trying to go into too much detail.

"Well I'm sorry he kicked your ass," Olivia joked as she walked over to the couch.

I sat up and she sat the bowl of soup she had for me on the coffee table.

"I let him kick my ass... don't get it twisted. I could have fought back if I really wanted to," I joked but was half serious.

"I'm sure you could have," she laughed unconvinced.

I picked up the bowl of soup and took a bite, as there was a knock at the door.

"You expecting someone?" Olivia asked.

"No... but could you get the door for me?" I asked.

"Sure," Olivia said as she walked over to the door.

She opened the door and I kept eating my soup.

A couple seconds later Zoey walked in.

"Caleb we need to talk," Zoey said in a kind of demanding tone.

"Can it wait? I'm trying to eat," I said.

"It's important Caleb," Zoey said as she kind of gave Olivia a skank look.

Olivia had closed the door and walked back into the kitchen.

"Well sit. What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Can we talk privately... I don't need a random girl in our business," Zoey said kind of rudely.

"Zoey meet Olivia. Olivia meet Zoey. Zoey is my ex and Olivia and I are in the same support group," I said introducing the two.

"Nice to meet you..." Olivia said as she walked over to where Zoey stood.

"Caleb can we go to your bedroom or something?" Zoey said not interested in meeting Olivia.

I didn't feel like arguing so I got up and went with Zoey to my bedroom.

She closed the door behind us and I sat on my bed.

"You were rude out there," I said.

"What is that girl even doing here? How well do you even know her to have her all up in your home?" Zoey questioned.

"I know her a hell of a lot more than I knew you when I brought you over for our first date... don't be mean," Caleb said.

"Whatever. I could care less about that girl out there... as long as she's clean and not tempting you to relapse," Zoey said.