Chapter 7

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"Well isn't this déjà vu," Caleb said as he approached the table Jasmine and Stewart were at.

This sure was déjà vu. Another date with Caleb ruined due to Jasmine's drama.

Don't get me wrong I like the woman but her and Evan are a fucking soap opera at this point. She's always somewhere with someone her man doesn't want her with.

Jasmine sighed and rolled her eyes as Caleb spoke.

"Going to call Evan again to tell him where I'm at and who I'm with?" Jasmine said as she glared at Caleb.

"Maybe? What's going on here?" Caleb asked.

"None of your business," Jasmine said.

"Well it sure as hell is Evan's business so why don't I get him on the phone," Caleb threatened.

"You can't babe. I told you he's in a meeting with his lawyer all day," I spoke up.

Ever since Caleb made things up to me by us spending an afternoon together we've been good. We're seeing each other often and when he asked me to lunch today I jumped at the chance.

Evan had actually sent me home early today. He seemed real tense and when he said he was going to be in a meeting with his lawyer all day I knew that something was up.

"In a meeting with his lawyer? About what?" Jasmine questioned seeming concerned.

"Someone might be getting that prenup ready," Caleb taunted.

"For what? I gave Evan his ring back or did he not tell you that," Jasmine said.

"What? You and him break up?" Caleb asked.

"We might as well have..." Jasmine said vaguely.

"What happened? My boy was so happy with you," Caleb said.

"If that's true he wouldn't be coming on to my friends when my back is turned," Jasmine accused.

"Evan cheated on you?" I asked surprised.

One thing I could tell about Evan was his love for Jasmine. No matter what side drama they seemed to have I could tell there was love there. So hearing that he might have cheated shocked me.

"You'd know better than I would. I mean you create his daily schedule," Jasmine said.

"Trust me Evan is all about business when he's a work. If he's cheating it hasn't been on company time," I said in defense of Evan.

How dare Jasmine try to act like I'd help Evan cover up cheating on her. I don't got time to metal into their relationship like Caleb does.

"Yeah whatever. I'm in the middle of an important lunch here so if you two don't mind..." Jasmine said clearly wanting us to leave.

"I can take a hint..." Caleb said.

"Good then go," Jasmine said.

Caleb and I walked off but were seated at a table near Jasmine and Stewart. This was just great.

Caleb and I sat across from each other.

He ordered us drinks and appetizers but I wasn't really in a good mood anymore.

"What's up? You're frowning," Caleb said.

"Jasmine can be a real bitch sometimes. I like the woman don't get me wrong but for her to insinuate that I'd help cover up Evan cheating on her is bullshit," I said.