Chapter 88

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I rang the doorbell as I stood outside the house of the one person I felt could possibly help me right now.

I didn't have rich friends or people that knew good lawyers. But my current boss was married to my ex boss who is rich and I know has to have a list of good lawyers he could recommend. Yes it would be helping me against his best friend but I was desperate at this point.

The front door opened and Evan stood there in pajama pants and no shirt.

"Zoey? It's early what are you even doing here?" Evan asked confused by my presence.

"I need your help. Can I come in?" I asked.

Evan moved back and let me in. I walked into his house and we went into the living room.

I sat down on his couch and he stood with his arms crossed.

"What is it that you want help with? If it's advice on getting Caleb back forget it. I know how much of a whore you've been fucking Livingston behind his back," Evan said bitterly.

"Is that what he's been telling you? That I'm just some huge whore that should have my child taken away from me! Damn it Evan he is not innocent! He cheated on me first! He got rough with me and busted my lip! He was such a druggie until I helped get him clean! I have a newborn that was born four mouths too early all because Stewart beat the shit out of me and sent me into preterm labor. Caleb is being a real ass right now and I just need some legal advice. So I came for a name to a good lawyer is all," I said explaining my side.

"What do you need a lawyer for?" Evan asked.

"Caleb's trying to get full custody... I need representation," I said.

"Like I'm going to help you beat him in court. If he wants his child I'm not standing in my best friend's way. I know he'd have my back if the roles were reversed. I'm sorry I can't help you," Evan said.

Figures.

Fucking men and their blind loyalty to each other.

"He might not be willing to help you but I am," I heard Jasmine's voice.

I looked up and saw Jasmine walk into the room.

She was in a robe and her hair was in a high bun.

"Baby go back upstairs," Evan said to Jasmine.

"No. I'm going to help Zoey," Jasmine said walking past Evan.

"Jasmine I wasn't asking you I was telling you. Get your ass back upstairs. We're not helping her! Caleb is like a brother to me. We're not going against him," Evan warned Jasmine.

"Evan I make my own decisions! You might not want to help her out of loyalty to Caleb but I don't have any loyalty to him," Jasmine said sternly.

"Zoey get out of my house," Evan said.

"Evan stop being a jerk!" Jasmine said to her husband.

"Why don't you stand with me for fucking once in public!" Evan said tensely.

"I'm not going to let you two grow ass men bully this young girl! If you have a fucking problem with me helping her kiss my ass Evan," Jasmine said.

Jasmine was very pregnant and I was sure if Evan knew what was good for him he wouldn't keep arguing with her.

"Help her all you want! I'm warning Caleb!" Evan said in a brat like tone.

What an ass and to think I actually use to think he was a decent person.