Chapter 2

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

There was a knock at my door and I knew Zoey was here. At Deacon's birthday party I invited Zoey over for a dinner date.

I wanted to plan something nice so I got a personal chief to come over to teach us how to cook a meal.

I wasn't much of a cook. I liked take out to be honest. But I didn't want to just do something basic and take Zoey to a restaurant.

I walked over to the door and unlocked it. I opened the door and Zoey was standing there in this burgundy dress and white cardigan.

"Hey," I said.

I moved back and let her walk inside my condo.

"Hey," she said as she took off her cardigan.

As I got a full view of her dress I noticed it was a body hugging dress like the one she had worn that night at the club. It hugged her hips and was short. It also made her ass look real nice.

I'm an ass man if I'm being honest. I mean I like to hit the gym so when I see a woman with a nice ass I know it's because she's fit and takes care of herself.

"Is there somewhere I can put my jacket?" she asked.

"Just lay it on the couch," I said.

Zoey laid her jacket on the couch then came with me into the kitchen.

I introduced her to the chief so we could get started cooking.

"You want some wine?" I asked.

"Sure," she said.

I grabbed us a bottle of some very expensive wine and poured us two glasses.

I handed her a glass and she took a sip.

I wasn't much of a wine drinker I mainly kept it for nights like this when I was entertaining a female.

Tonight Zoey and I were making homemade sushi.

The chief had us place the seaweed on a bamboo mat. Then we covered the sheet of seaweed with an even layer of the prepared sushi rice provided for us.

Zoey was smoothing hers out gently with a rice paddle and I came up behind her to help.

She didn't need help but this was a date and I had to make my move sometime.

We slowly rolled the paddle over the rice.

Zoey leaned back on me as I leaned over her.

Zoey and I filled our sushi rolls with what we wanted in them. Once we rolled them up we used a knife to cut the roll into pieces.

Once we'd made our sushi we put it on a plate and sat down at the table to eat.

I thanked the chief for coming by and paid him then he left.

"Well this was different. I've never made my own sushi before," Zoey said.

"Lets just hope it tastes good," I said.

Zoey and I took a bite of our sushi and it wasn't bad. It wasn't anything I'd ever make again but at least Zoey seemed to enjoy herself while we cooked together.

"This is nice. Thanks for asking me out," Zoey said.

"Thanks for agreeing to come over," I said.

"I was kind of skeptical at first when you wanted me to come over to your condo for dinner. I didn't think it was going to be like this. I thought you'd order us take out or something," Zoey said.