Chapter 82

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

"She's perfect. We made a perfect angel," I said in awe of my daughter.

My heart felt so full just looking at the innocent little baby in this incubator.

It pained me to see my daughter with tubes and needles in her. I was hoping she didn't feel any pain.

I'm her father I'm supposed to protect her from harm but I couldn't protect her from this.

"We did. It's still mind blowing that she's ours... she's just so tiny though... but she did gain a pound in the last two weeks," Zoey said.

"She did. Baby girl gained a pound," I said proudly.

"Look at you... already the doting daddy," Zoey said.

"This little girl is going to have me wrapped around her little finger. I'm going to spoil her rotten," I said.

"No you're not. We're not raising a brat," Zoey warned.

"But she's daddy's little girl. I'll do anything for her," I said.

"It's funny to see you so soft right now... big man of muscles turning into putty," Zoey laughed.

"What can I say this little one has stolen my heart already," I said as I touched the incubator case.

"I don't have anything for her...." Zoey said.

"We'll go get everything she needs..." I assured Zoey.

"Ok," Zoey said.

I looked over at Zoey and see seemed worried.

I knew having our daughter in here had to be getting to her.

I had only just met our baby girl and she'd been in here with her day after day for two weeks.

"Hey you ok?" I asked as I turned to Zoey.

"Yeah... I just hate seeing her like this. I want to hold her... take her home," Zoey said.

"We will get to do all of that. We just have to be patient," I said.

"This is all my fault. If I never went to confront Stewart he wouldn't have attacked me and she wouldn't be in this damn incubator!" Zoey said upset.

"Shh... come here," I said as I pulled Zoey into my arms.

I hugged Zoey as she buried her head into my chest.

I rubbed circles along her back trying to soothe her.

"Don't blame yourself for Livingston being out of control," I whispered.

Zoey pulled back a little bit and looked up at me.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch to you the last couple weeks," Zoey apologized.

"It's fine," I said.

"No it's not. You were good to me and I cheated and lied to you. Then I have our daughter and I punish you for my stupidity. It was wrong," Zoey said.

It was nice to have Zoey being a grown woman about her shit and admitting she was wrong. But I understood why she acted the way she did.

I meant the pushing me away part... not the cheating part although I had made peace with that and forgiven her for it already.

"I forgive you," I said as I held her close and kissed her forehead.

Zoey ran her hands up my back and rested her head on my chest. She seemed to be finding comfort in my embrace.