Chapter 73

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I rung the doorbell as I stood outside of Evan's house. I was bringing Carson and Deacon back home to their parents after watching them for the night.

The door opened and Evan stood in the doorway looking happy as hell.

Well at least someone's happy around here.

"Hey boys. You have fun spending the night at Uncle Caleb's," Evan asked his sons.

"Yeah. He let us eat candy for dinner," Deacon said as he ran in the house.

Carson ran inside behind his brother and Evan stood back to let me inside.

"So you fed my kids candy for dinner?" Evan laughed.

"It's what they wanted. Besides I'm the fun cool uncle. I couldn't lose my street cred by being all strict," I laughed.

"Whatever," Evan said.

"So you and Jasmine have fun last night?" I asked.

"You know she was so tired she fell asleep right after dinner. But I can't complain. She's pregnant and it's to be expected," Evan said.

"Yeah..." I shrugged.

"Well thanks again for watching the boys last night. What did you guys do?" Evan asked.

"Well I took them to the store to get snacks before I took them back to my condo and you'll never guess who I ran into," I said.

"Let me guess the hoe that is having Livingston's baby," Evan said.

"Really? Why you gotta call her a hoe?" I asked.

"She's a dirty hoe for doing you the way she did. I still wish you would have let me had Jasmine fire her," Evan said.

"Man I told you she has a baby she needs to provide for. Lay off," I said.

"Whatever," Evan said.

"She looked good," I said.

"Man don't! Please don't tell me you still have feelings for her?" Evan asked.

"What if I did?" I asked.

"I'd hit you upside the head and tell you to snap out of it!" Evan said.

"Man I know you mean well but the heart wants what it wants," I said.

"I swear you need to move on," Evan said.

"What if I said that to you when you and Jasmine use to go through it?" I asked.

"Jas and I are different. Never did Jas let another man between her legs. Had she done that and gotten pregnant by a whole other dude behind my back her ass sure as hell wouldn't be my wife right now," Evan said having no remorse.

"You're cold man," I said.

"No I'm real. Zoey crossed the line. She shouldn't have done that foul shit with Livingston," Evan said.

Even though he had a point Evan didn't know all that Zoey and I had been through.

I had to take some responsibility for why she ever turned to Livingston in the first place.

"Well I'm heading out," I said.

"Thanks again for babysitting," Evan said.

"No problem you're welcome. You got great kids," I said.

I said bye then left Evan's place.

Zoey P.O.V.

I was in totally awe looking at the home Stewart brought me to.