Chapter 36

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I stood outside of the airport waiting by my car for Zoey to arrive.

After the talk with my mom and days away from Zoey I was ready to make things up to her.

I saw Zoey walk out of the airport and she looked beautiful.

She was in jeans and a hoodie but still looked cute.

She walked over to me and I held my arms out towards her.

She hesitantly walked into my embrace and I hugged her.

It felt like forever since we last saw each other.

As I hugged Zoey I didn't feel like she was really hugging me back.

Was she still upset about our fight from before she left?

I pulled back and leaned down and pecked her lips. She pulled away after the brief peck.

I opened the car door for her and she looked at the seat then at me.

"Caleb what's that?" she asked.

"Check it out," I said.

Zoey picked up what I left for her on the passenger seat. She got into my car and I closed the door.

I grabbed her suitcase and put it in the trunk.

I got in on the driver's side and saw her opening the jewelry box.

I buckled up and started the car.

She opened the box and seemed surprised.

"Caleb..." she said.

"It's a Cartier bracelet... to match the necklace I got you," I said.

"Caleb this is..."

"You deserve it Zoe. I'm sorry for our fight. I'm sorry for hurting you and betraying your trust in me," I said.

I reached over to place my hand on her thigh and she kind of shifted... she was acting skittish.

"Caleb I can't accept this," Zoey said.

"Why not?" I asked confused.

"Over the past five days I've done a lot of thinking and I just... I don't think us being in a relationship is a good idea anymore," Zoey said.

"But I said sorry. I didn't mean to snap on you Zoey," I said.

"I get that you're sorry and the bracelet is nice but... Caleb you scared me. You grabbed me and pushed me and made me bust my lip. Not to mention you have a serious drug addiction," Zoey said.

"I don't have an addiction!" I said defensively.

I pulled off from the curb and started driving.

"You don't? Are you sure because the way you attacked me for simply trying to help you was signs of someone clearly addicted," Zoey said with a slight attitude.

I thought the past five days would have gotten her to calm her ass down. It seemed all she wanted to do was dump me and label me as something I wasn't.

Yeah I lost my temper but she destroyed perfectly good coke that I paid a lot of money for!

I mean I had a right to be pissed!

She wasn't all innocent!

"I'm not addicted! I can stop at anytime!" I said defensively as I speed down the road.