Chapter 56

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

After Caleb stormed out of the condo I left and went to confront Stewart.

He did this. Those text messages Caleb got came from his phone.

I told him I'd tell Caleb about us so why couldn't he just be patient and let me do what I needed to do!

I knocked loudly on Stewart's front door.

I had a key but I wasn't about to use it.

A few seconds later the door opened and Stewart stood there in his pajama pants and no shirt.

He looked good but I wasn't here for that.

I was here to end this affair once and for all.

"Baby why are you knocking. You have a key," he said.

I walked past him inside his condo as he closed the door behind me.

"Why did you text Caleb that I'd been cheating on him!" I said as I turned around furiously.

"What?" Stewart questioned acting dumb.

"Cut the bullshit Stewart! Caleb confronted me the second I walked through the door. He showed me all the text messages! He even had a fucking photo! I recognized the number the texts came from! So again I'll ask why did you do it!" I said angrily.

"I told her to block my damn number when she used my phone," Stewart said a bit annoyed.

"What!" I shouted.

"Yes I sold us out... I had my sister text Caleb from my phone so what! Zoey you have dragged this out long enough! He's sober now and doing fine! We're pregnant and I'm sorry but I'm not about to have my pregnant girlfriend still keeping up this charade all to make sure some junkie doesn't relapse. If he relapses it's his own fault at this point. You've done your part," Stewart said as he came towards me.

"Yes he's gotten clean but he could still relapse and I won't be surprised if he did after the way he was given this news! News Flash Stewart I'm pregnant not "we"! This baby could very well be Caleb's and now he might go off and relapse and that would make this whole situation worse," I said angrily.

"What do you mean the baby could be Caleb's? I thought you cut off the intimacy in your relationship with him when we got serious!" Stewart said hurt.

"Oh my gosh get over yourself! I was his girlfriend first! I never stopped sleeping with him Stewart! I just allowed you to believe that to ease your mind," I said not caring about his feelings anymore.

Stewart did this all wrong. He was messing with Caleb's sobriety now and didn't even care all because he wanted to be able to claim me!

"What the hell Zoey!" Stewart shouted.

"If it wasn't clear before it's clear now! We're done!" I said as I threw him his key.

I walked past him to storm out and he quickly blocked me.

"Where are you going!" he said as he looked down at me.

"To find Caleb! I can't let him run off to your sister or someone else who will so easily hand him a gram of coke! He's worked so hard to be clean and I'll be damned if what we did ruins his sobriety," I said.

"Fuck him and his sobriety! Let him overdose! It'd be what he deserves!" Stewart shouted angrily.

"That is a horrible thing to say! Who even are you right now," I said.