Chapter 32

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I stood at his front door knocking franticly.

I had just left Caleb's place and I was scared and didn't know what to do.

I didn't feel like I could call anyone but him.

He opened the front door and we locked eyes.

"Zoey... what the hell happened?" Stewart asked.

"Can I come inside?" I asked.

He nodded and moved back.

I had called Stewart and asked if I could meet him. He texted me his address and said I could come over.

I didn't know who to turn to after what happened with Caleb. I didn't want to go home and have to answer questions from Cheyenne about why my lip was busted.

I knew I couldn't go to Malcolm after I'd curbed him not once but twice for the very person who did this to me.

I felt like with Stewart there was never any judgment and he would just be here for me even if he was my boss.

"Zoey you're shaking," Stewart said.

I walked over to his couch and we sat down.

I was numb. I didn't know how to feel in this moment. I'd never been through anything like this.

"You want to tell me what happened to your face?" Stewart said.

"Caleb...." I said weakly.

"What about Caleb?" Stewart asked seeming already on edge.

"He... he... he did this to me," I said as tears burned my eyes.

"Why?" Stewart asked.

"I... I... I saw your sister today when she left the office. She told me some things about Caleb and I wanted to check them out for myself. I found drugs in his gym bag and destroyed them in the kitchen sink. He lost it and grabbed me. He threw me down twice and pulled my hair. I hit my face on the doorknob that's why my lip is busted. I ran out and he followed me to the parking garage and apologized. I've never seen him like that. It was like something just snapped and he was a totally different person," I cried.

"Well that's typically how addicts operate," Stewart said as he stood up.

"I know I shouldn't be here telling you all this but I didn't have anywhere else to go... anyone else to turn to," I said.

"No I'm glad you came to me. I'm going to make sure he doesn't hurt any other woman again," Stewart said as he picked up his cell phone.

"Wait... what are you doing?" I asked.

"Calling the cops of course," Stewart said.

"NO! Don't do that," I said as I stood up.

I quickly grabbed Stewart's phone away from him.

"Zoey we have to call the cops. You need to press charges against him," Stewart said.

"No one will believe me besides Caleb has legal connections. I mean his father is a judge and his mother is a lawyer. They'd eat me up and spit me out in court if I were to even dare to press charges against him. Besides I have no money and he has a lot of money. Money talks and I'd just be embarrassed anyway that I let this happen," I said.

"First of all you didn't let this happen! Caleb is a fucking addict and his parents know it! If it weren't for them always covering for his punk ass maybe he wouldn't be such a fuck up! If anything they'd pay you to keep your mouth shut! But you don't even need to worry about any of that. I could get you a good lawyer and have Caleb behind bars," Stewart said.