Chapter 86

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

"Thanks for coming with me to get the stuff I needed for my baby girl," I said.

I had gone to a baby store with Dominic and purchased everything I needed for Cecilia. I made sure everything would be delivered to my house so I'd be prepared when she got released from the hospital.

"You're welcome. Sad the father didn't want to help you out... he's loaded isn't he?" Dominic asked as we left the baby store.

"Since I turned him down on getting back together and moving in he's being a dick about everything," I said.

"Typical. That's what those rich men do. They don't get their way so they start acting childish," Dominic said.

"It's fine. I don't need Caleb or his money. I have a job and make enough to survive. I might not be able to give my baby girl the finer things in life but she'll have what she needs," I said.

"I commend you for not letting your baby daddy run you. Show him you don't need him or his money," Dominic said.

"Well I've had a long day. I think I'm ready to call it a night," I said.

"You want me to take you home or you want to come chill at my place?" Dominic asked as we got to his car.

"I just want to go home," I said.

"Alright well lets get you home then," Dominic said.

Dominic and I got in his car and he took me back to my apartment.

It was nice of Dominic to be here for me as a friend. Since Caleb wanted to be petty and keep the stuff he bought, I went and got my own stuff. Yeah it wasn't as fancy as the stuff Caleb had purchased but it was still good stuff.

When Dominic pulled into the parking lot of my apartment I thanked him for all his help and got out of his car.

I headed up to my apartment unit and got my keys out of my purse.

I unlocked the door and went inside and turned on the lights.

"Cheyenne you home!" I called out as I closed the door.

Cheyenne didn't answer so I guess that meant she wasn't home yet.

I walked back to my bedroom and turned on the light.

I put my purse on the dresser and opened my drawer.

I just wanted to shower and go to bed.

I grabbed my pajamas and some panties then turned the light back off.

I went across the hall to the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I got undressed and started my shower.

I really just wanted to decompress from the day.

I got in the shower and let the warm water run over my body.

I took a long shower and after I was done I got out and dried off.

I put lotion on my body and slipped my panties on before putting on my pajamas.

After I was done I went back across the hall to my bedroom.

I threw my dirty clothes in the hamper by my dresser.

I walked over to my nightstand in the corner to turn on my lamp since it was night.

As I reached to turn on the lamp I had this strange feeling like a presence was near me.