Chapter 37

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I lay in my bed just looking up at the ceiling. I couldn't get what happened out of my mind.

Caleb really had me hide his drugs so he wouldn't get busted by the police officer who pulled him over.

When Caleb dropped me off I got out of his car and got my suitcase. I didn't say anything to him as I headed up to my apartment.

I touched my neck as I felt the necklace he'd bought me. I hadn't taken it off since he bought it for me. Although I think I need to take it off now.

I didn't know what to do about Caleb.

He is clearly an addict in denial.

I couldn't put up with that.

I sat up in bed as I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I said.

The door opened and Cheyenne walked in.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey," I said as she walked over to my bed.

I sat up as she sat on my bed.

"We haven't really talked in a while. You've been pretty busy jet setting with your new boss and all," she slightly teased.

"Yeah... I guess I've been busy," I said distant.

"Is everything ok?" Cheyenne asked.

I wanted to tell her everything was shit. I wanted to tell her she was so right about Caleb. I wanted to tell her what happened last night when he picked me up at the airport. I wanted to tell her everything that I'd been keeping to myself.

But I knew I couldn't say a word. I mean once she tell a family member or close friend the bad about your boyfriend they never look at the person the same.

As much as my head was telling me to be done with Caleb my heart wanted to save him.

So telling Cheyenne anything bad about Caleb was a no go. I couldn't confirm her doubts about him

As Cheyenne waited for me to say something there was a knock coming from the front door.

"I'll get it," she said.

She got up from my bed and went to see who was here.

I laid back down and turned on my side.

What the hell am I going to do about my relationship?

I waited for Cheyenne to come back.

A few moments later I heard footsteps and felt like there was a presence at my door.

"Who was at the door?" I asked thinking Cheyenne had come back.

"It's me," I heard a male voice.

I sat up quickly and saw Caleb standing in my doorway.

"What are you doing here?" I said slightly pissed off.

Caleb walked into my bedroom and closed the door. He had a brown paper bag with him and a coffee cup.

"I brought you breakfast," he said as he walked over to me.

"Are your drugs hiding in it," I said bitterly.

"Zoey I'm sorry about last night," he said.

"For what part? The part where I find out you are still doing drugs or the part where you have me hide them from the cops... or I know... the part where you deny clearly being addicted!" I said.