Chapter 35

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

After a day of successful meetings Stewart and I got something to eat. We went to Serendipity 3. I had been wanting to come back to this place since I came with Evan and his son when I had worked for him.

"Think you got enough ice cream there," Stewart teased.

I laughed with a mouth full of ice cream.

When I had been here in New York with Evan and his son his son had ordered this huge sundae. The sundae had to be bigger than him.

I ordered that exact same sundae today and was loving every bite.

"Hey don't knock it til you try it," I said.

"Well let me have a taste then," he said.

I got some ice cream on my spoon and leaned over the table towards Stewart.

He took a bite and I watched, as he now understood my joy in this sweet treat.

"Ok I get it now," he chuckled.

"See!" I smiled as I got another bite.

Stewart had waved over a waitress and was given an extra spoon.

We were now sharing this huge ice cream sundae.

After finishing our sundae Stewart paid the bill and we left the restaurant. We had a driver take us to central park because it was a beautiful night and I don't think either of us were ready to head back to the hotel just yet.

Stewart told the driver to just park and wait for us.

We started walking and I loved the way it looked here at night.

"This is beautiful," I said.

"It sure is," he said as he looked over at me.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around myself.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

I nodded.

Stewart took off his suit jacket and placed it around my shoulders.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," he said.

"You really kicked ass in your meetings today. Thanks for letting me sit in on them and not just wait in the waiting room," I said.

"Well how will you learn anything about business sitting out in a hallway... I take it you don't want to be an assistant forever," Stewart said.

"You know I haven't really thought about my future career goals. I mean when I got the job being Evan's assistant I was in a tight and needed a steady income. I've been able to take pretty good care of myself with my salary so I never much thought of moving up the corporate ladder," I said honestly.

"Well you're really smart... I think you should seriously begin thinking about your future and what you want to be," Stewart said.

"So Mr. Business Mogul why are you not in a city like this? I mean I feel you'd be better suited here," I said.

"I lived here and worked here for a time. I mean my family has offices out here so I'm here often. I just got sick of it... wanted something a little different. Being in Atlanta I can work just as hard as I would here without as much pressure. I mean my family name is known everywhere but I can live more under the radar in Atlanta than here," Stewart said.

"So what's it like coming from money. I mean you've never had to struggle so you don't really have much room to complain about life," I said.

"Zoey just because I grew up with money doesn't mean I haven't had my struggles. I told you my brother deals drugs and my sister does them. I'm the oldest of my siblings... sometimes I blame myself for their downfalls. I mean my father molded me at a young age to be cut throat in business... hell he wanted me to be that way in my everyday life. I guess that's why I can be so completive at times. I remember once I was like fourteen my father started having me spend my summers interning with my grandfather. While my siblings got to enjoy their summers with friends I was in an office building learning what it took to run a company," Stewart said.