Chapter 33

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I sat in my car with my sunglasses on as I waited for Zoey to get to work.

I was parked in the parking lot with a dozen roses in my passenger seat. I stayed parked outside her apartment building last night for a couple hours but she never came home.

I drove around for a while to clear my mind but that didn't help. I left Zoey so many messages her voice mailbox was now full.

I was losing it.

I needed to see her.

I needed to talk to her.

Finally after an hour I saw the G-Wagon I bought pull in to the parking lot.

I waited to see Zoey get out of the car then I got out of my car and headed her way.

I saw her getting her bag out of the car as I approached her.

She got her bag and closed the door. She locked it and turned around and I was right behind her.

"OH MY!" she screamed startled.

"Sorry," I said.

"Get the hell away from me!" she shouted as she backed up.

"Zoey relax. I came to apologize. I even got you flowers," I said.

I handed her the roses and she took them then threw them back in my face.

"Fuck you Caleb! Roses are not going to erase what you did to me last night!" she shouted.

"Zoey could you lower your voice! People might hear you," I said through gritted teeth.

"What you don't want people to hear that you're a drug addict who hits his girlfriend!" Zoey shouted.

"Would you shut up! I didn't even hit you!" I said as I grabbed her.

"Let go!" she screamed.

Zoey pushed me away and hit my chest.

As she did that I saw a car pull up beside us.

I moved back a few feet and the next thing I know Livingston is in our business.

"Zoey is everything ok here!" Stewart asked as he got out of his car.

"No. He won't leave me alone," Zoey said as Stewart stepped in front of her.

"Livingston this has nothing to do with you. Go on and mind your business," I said.

"You into hitting and harassing women now Caleb," Stewart accused.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about Livingston," I said.

"I know Zoey had a busted lip last night because of your coked up ass!" Livingston accused as he got right up in my face.

"What the hell! Zoey you ran and told him our business," I said angrily.

I looked around Livingston and glared at a frightened Zoey.

What the hell was she so scared of? I didn't even hit her.

"Get the hell out of here Caleb before I call the police. She might not press charges against you for assault but I will press charges against you for trespassing," Stewart threatened.

"It's a public parking lot Livingston!" I argued.

"Well I'll give you a public ass whooping if you don't leave Zoey the hell alone!" Stewart threatened.