Chapter 34

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

I sat on the couch in my parent's house as my mother brought out some snacks on a tray.

After what happened with Zoey I needed to go to the one woman who has always had my back.

For years my mother has helped me out of any and all trouble I've been in.

Not only is my mother a great listener she's a great lawyer. I needed her advice on what to do concerning Zoey.

I mean I don't think Zoey was going to press charges but if she did I wanted my mother to be prepared.

This wouldn't be the first time she'd have to help me get out of a sticky situation.

"What brings you by today Caleb? I know you're usually busy with one thing or another," my mother said as she sat down.

I sat forward and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie.

I took a bite and she handed me a napkin.

"Don't get crumbs on my carpet!" my mother scolded.

Some things never change. She would say that when I was a kid too.

"Sorry," I apologized as I wiped my mouth.

"I like what you've done with your hair. It's a nice length," she said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Mom I need some advice... I did something bad," I said.

"What now? Gamble all your money away again?" my mother asked.

"No... it's something else," I said.

"Well go on and tell me," my mother said.

"I got into a fight with my girlfriend and busted her lip," I admitted.

My mother looked shocked.

"Girlfriend? Since when does my son keep a woman around for more than one night? Also if she is your girlfriend why haven't I met her?" my mother questioned.

"It's a new relationship," I said.

"Well what happened? What did she do to upset you?" my mother asked.

"She poured the only grams of coke I had down the drain and I lost it. I threw her to the ground... she hit her face on my doorknob. She didn't go to the police... yet... but I think she told Livingston what I did," I explained.

"Are you talking about Stewart Livingston?" my mother asked.

I nodded as I finished my cookie.

"Caleb why did you even have drugs? I thought you were done with that phase," my mother said.

"Mom I only use a little here and there," I said.

"Really? Do you expect me to believe that! If that were true you wouldn't have snapped on this girl over a couple grams you could have replaced! Are you using daily?" my mother asked.

"Mom-"

"Answer me damn it! If I'm going to have to represent you in some domestic violence lawsuit I need to know what happened," my mother said.

"It wasn't domestic violence. I just threw her to the ground. I didn't beat her or anything," I said.

"Still! What does this girl do? Does she come from a wealthy family or is she the gold digger type probably wanting hush money?" my mother asked.