"But of course," she laughed.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked.

Courtney and I hadn't seen each other since the night we got burgers and went to my place.

That night we had a little argument.

"You know I can't stay mad at you," Courtney said with a flirtatious look in her eyes.

"Well I'm glad you aren't pissed at me still," I said.

"Nope..." she said.

"Well I have good news... I'm in treatment," I said.

"Really? I didn't think you were the rehab type," Courtney said.

"I'm not. I'm in outpatient treatment. I go to meetings and I'm getting a sponsor," I said.

"Well I'm proud of you. If you want to get clean I support whatever you want," Courtney said.

"You've always been in my corner," I said.

"Since the day we met..." she said.

Courtney reached for my hand and gave me a longing look.

"Court-"

"I miss us... the us that use to chill, drugs or not. You know I've always had feelings for you Caleb and I always will," Courtney said.

I let go of Courtney's hand and she grabbed my wrist.

"Tell me you have never had feelings for me. Tell me you don't miss how things use to be," Courtney said.

"Courtney you fell for a guy who didn't give a fuck about anything. I give a couple fucks now... I have a good girlfriend who I'm changing for. I really care for her. I'm sorry you and I... the timing was never right. But Court... I'll always be here as a friend. I just can't be your friend with benefits anymore," I said.

"If your girlfriend is so special where is she?" Courtney asked.

"She's at the bar," I said.

"Where... I don't see her," Courtney said.

I looked towards the bar and Courtney was right.

I didn't see Zoey.

Where had she gone?"

Zoey P.O.V.

I stood at the bar and sipped on my martini.

This gala was what you'd expect it to be. A bunch of rich pricks trying to out due each other.

The atmosphere didn't bother me though.

I knew this was the kind of thing I might have to deal with being with a guy like Caleb.

His father is a judge after all. So he has to attend events like this to stay relevant with society.

"You look absolutely gorgeous," a male voice whispered in my ear as I felt a firm hand on my back.

I smiled thinking it was Caleb until I saw Stewart come up beside me.

"Stewart what the hell!" I said as I moved away a few inches from him.

"What? I'm just complimenting my girl," he said.

"Caleb is here! His parents are here! Your own father and sister are here! Also lets not forget the room full of the wealthiest people in town are all here! Control yourself," I warned.

"I know who is here. I also see that Caleb is over there doing his usual flirtatious dance with my sister," Stewart pointed out.

I turned around and saw Caleb talking with Courtney.