Chapter 1: How Did Things Turn Out Like This...?

Beginne am Anfang

Also, the bed was massive. I think it could fit about ten adults. Seriously, why would such a bed be needed? Anyway, beyond that, the bed was also adorned with top quality silk veils and other quirky accessories that made it seem like a bed for a absurdly rich individual.

I thought I was hallucinating, but then a frilly dress came into view. I look down at my clothes, and they definitely weren't what I fell asleep in. Too frilly! Too gaudy! Too Expensive! What is this!?

Although it used a simple color scheme of black and red, the price was definitely an insane sum. The quality was too good, it was a dress one would wear to their prom...no, that wasn't right.

It was something an empress would don, and if not for the short skirt, it would have definitely passed as a formal ceremonial dress. Did someone dress me while I was asleep?

Who in their right mind would let me sleep in such divine clothes!? Do I have to pay for wrinkling this outfit!? I don't have the money, you know! I spent it all on Brave New World, after all!

Another question came in mind as I was feeling out the dress. When did my hand become so...frail but elegant looking? I formed a fist, then relaxed. I repeated such an action several times, confirming that yes, they were indeed my hands.

The hands were pale and small like that of an infant, but the size was that of a young child. Probably around twelve years of age? I've already graduated from high school, okay? I was halfway through college, and I definitely had bigger fingers! Wait, had? Was I already accepting this was my body!?

I started to feel anxious, so I got up, sitting on the edge of the bed. I started to take a look at my body. Yup. Flat chest, small limbs and a waist so slender it might break...generally a kid's appearance.

I was too caught up with checking my new appearance, that I failed to notice the numerous furniture and adornments scattered throughout the spacious room. Oh well, I will take a closer look later.

Then, one of the massive double doors swung open. An individual of beautiful, almost artificial, features walked in with refined motions. She was dressed in maid clothing, the usual black and white color scheme one would expect from a maid. Not a Victorian era maid, but the kind you would frequently see fawn over on the internet.

The maid was holding a towel in her hand, but it landed on the floor as her eyes fell on me. Her mouth dropped down, hanging open like an idiot. Hm, she looked familiar somehow.

"Lily, what are you doing? Quickly undress the princess and wipe her off. The clo—" a second maid came in, but she froze as well.

I blinked at them silently, wondering the reason for their actions. Instantly, the first maid, Lily, genuflected on both knees and struck her head on the ground. Uh, you alright? It sounded quite painful.

"I apologize for intruding without confirming, princess!" she apologized with such ferocious emotion.

"Wait, that's not the problem here!" the second maid ran out of the room, her screams growing distant. "The princess has woken! The princess has woken! She has returned to us! Someone get the Four Heavenly Queens!"

Wait, am I the princess? That would explain my situation. Did I reincarnate into royalty or something of the sorts? Wait a minute...something she said was bothering me. That familiar but edgy sounding title was only something role playing me could have came up with, right? Could it be...?

"Hey..." I opened my mouth, the voice surprising me.

It was the voice that I heard earlier when I woke up. Yeah, that confirmed it. I was in a different body, huh? The voice was of a higher pitch than my previous voice, but it was rather pleasant on the ears. In fact, there was a sweet melody to it, and I would have definitely been charmed if it wasn't my own voice right now.