"Caleb I'm not trying to be a tease!" I argued.

"You sure!" Caleb argued.

"I just want a commitment from you first is all," I blurted out.

Caleb pulled up to a red light and looked over at me.

"Zoey we've been over this. I'm not the relationship type," Caleb said.

"Only because you've been too afraid to try it. Caleb I've had casual sex before but it just feels better when I'm having sex with a guy I'm in a relationship with. I'd rather be screwing a guy I can call my boyfriend than a guy I just go on dates with," I said being honest.

"So what? We're never having sex unless I commit to being in a relationship with you?" Caleb asked.

"Well... I don't want to pressure you into anything but that's what I want," I said being honest with him.

"Zoey-"

"Caleb what are you so afraid of? You like me don't you?" I asked.

"Zoey liking you isn't the problem," Caleb said.

"Then what is?" I asked as I reached for his hand.

"Zoey I know what kind of guy you want and I know what kind of guy I am. You're young, beautiful, and driven... you're better than what I'd ever be in a relationship. I'm saying this because I actually care about you. Zoey I'm not the guy any girl should be falling in love with. I'm going to screw up. I'm going to piss you off. I'm going to hurt you and I don't want that. Zoey I don't want to damage you for the next guy," Caleb said being honest with me.

I appreciated that he cared so much and was trying to protect me from him. But I didn't need his protection.

"Caleb I'm a big girl and I can handle more than you may think. I know you've always been a self-proclaimed player. But that's only because you haven't let yourself fall for someone. Caleb I think we could be really good together if you just give us a real try," I said.

"Zoey the one and only girl I ever dated in high school I cheated on. I promised myself after the drama and tears with her I wouldn't put another girl through that again," Caleb said.

"Caleb that was high school. You're a couple years away from forty... You're a man now. A man I believe can be faithful and treat me like a princess if he tried," I said.

"Zoey-"

"Caleb please... give us a shot. If you feel like you're going to cheat on me or something just tell me before you do it. That's all I ask," I said.

"You know this isn't the conversation I thought we'd be having tonight," Caleb said.

"Well it is the conversation we're having. So Caleb will you be exclusive with me? Will you be my boyfriend?" I asked.

Caleb gave me this blank stare and I was scared of what his answer might be.

Caleb P.O.V.

Zoey was sitting right next to me as my car was stopped at a red light. She had just asked me to be exclusive with her.

I have tried to tell her in so many ways I'm not the relationship type.

I mean I've tried it back when I was a teenager. I couldn't commit back then so I didn't know if I could now.

I know the kind of man I am and I know the kind of man she believes me to be. She thinks the best of me when she shouldn't. I see the hope in her eyes when she looks at me.

It's cute but it's also dangerous.

I honestly don't want to hurt Zoey. But I also don't want her to just walk away from me because I don't want us to be in a relationship.

I mean I've been honest with her all this time about my intentions.

If she wants us to be exclusive she'd be entering a relationship with me at her own risk.

"If I say no to this what happens?" I asked.

"Don't say no and you won't have to find out," Zoey said as she touched my cheek.

She ran her fingers along my jawline and damn this woman had an effect on me.

I look into her sweet brown eyes and want to be a better man for her but know I'm not capable of it.

I don't want to disappoint her or fuck up her life.

But I also don't want her cutting me off.

"Fuck it, fine. Lets do this...I might regret it... we both might, but fine. You've worn me down woman," I said.

Zoey smiled and seeing how happy she was made me feel so much pressure.

Shit I better not break this girl's heart.