Chapter 91- A Hero's Regret

Start from the beginning

The masked man, finally tired of the grunting struggling sounds Hiromichi was making, threw him back towards Sayu's body.

The shadow that he had brought forth earlier made a disgruntled sound as it empty red eyes stared back menacingly at Alruin.

Hiromichi who had finally been released, immediately shuffled his way towards Sayu and shook her.

"H-hey! Hey get up! This isn't funny! Y-you're not supposed to die here! What kind of sick joke is this!?"

"Do you not have an answer for me then? Is your identity that important to you?" persisted Alruin.

Hiromichi's constant loud mouth comments were making it difficult for him to focus but he had to pull through.

"Oh no, I was just wondering how to answer. My name is not something I've used in a while. How about you call me...Y."

"Y?"

"Why indeed?" the masked man replied with a chuckle.

Alruin's grip on his sword tighten. How he could stand there and laugh after Sayu died needlessly was beyond him. Only the mind of a truly twisted person could easily take the life on another and not find a moment of remorse. He had enough of questioning this man, there was clearly no intentions for him to reveal anything about himself.

He raised his sword and shield, vigilant of any sudden moves Y, as he wanted to be called, might make.

Hiromichi stood up, his face red in anger, or perhaps because he was holding back some tears.

"Alruin we have to kill this guy, I don't care how we put him in the dirt but he's paying for this shit!"

He understood his anger but wished Hiromichi wasn't so loud to express it.

"Very well, you handle that shadow while I take on Y."

"Actually, calling me that? I'm flattered. Not wise letting me know your plan, though right? What if I brought more of my pets out to play."

"I don't believe you can do that anymore."

"...Explain."

"You're at your limit when it comes to using these creatures. You have them running around the entire city terrorizing the denizens. Just by the strength of your creatures I can assume you chose to bring out weaker ones to do so, otherwise you would only be able to use a limited number of stronger shadows. Seeing that you only brought this one out, I believe this is the limit to how many you can use, unless you remove the presence of the others across the city."

"Well observed. Yes, as of now holding all these creatures in this realm is proving to be an extensive use of my strength. You're silly though if you think you have the upper hand because of this. Your friend here will have a difficult time holding my pet back."

The Shadow being that had been idling standing behind made its move. It jumped with a surprising amount of speed for its looks towards Hiromichi.

"T-this thing is fast!" he yelled out.

Hiromichi lifted his hands in a guard position, knowing well that it would be too late to react towards the monster's attack and dodge. He instantly felt the full blow of the monster as its large fist made contact with his arms.

"Agh!" he let out a cry of pain.

He was flung back across the air like a rag doll. His arm was still in pain from being held by Y all this time so he couldn't properly defend himself against it.

The bulky shadow raced after him leaving Alruin and Y once more in complete silence.

"You are making this difficult. We had had hoped to avoid any Heroes in this area. How you slipped past our radar I'll never know. The REAL Hero of Tyr if I'm correct. Then again its only a few days off..."