Chapter 51- Sayu vs The Centaur II

Sayu couldn't understand what had just happened. She stood up confused as she raised her sword once more facing the Centaur. There was very little room for error and she could swear that should have been enough to kill the Centaur. Was she really that much weaker than him?

The feelings of confusion were washed away by frustration and a guilty feeling inside her. Having all those people die on her watch was infuriating. She was more than willing to have these mortals have died off if it was under the command of Kami, after all she believed he always had a reason for doing such things if it came down to it, but this was pointless slaughter to her. The deaths were tragic in her book but more so the fact that she felt responsible to keep them alive and now having failed that made her feel the worst.

Sayu looked up at the Centaur once more as her anger boiled over.

The Centaur simply raised his axe as he spoke once more.

"I see you are not pleased with the death of your comrades."

"Their deaths are more annoying than anything. It's the fact that I failed to do my responsibility as an Archangel that upsets me the most." Sayu spoke as she swung her sword at him.

The Centaur blocked it with the hilt of his axe and said outloud.

"Axe Counter"

Once again, Sayu was pushed back by the force that came out from his weapon. She figured it would happen again but more than anything she just wanted to swing her weapon down on this stupid creature. She pulled up her Status real quick to check the damage and how long it would take for her [Divine State] to run out.

[Status Bar]

Name: Sayu

LVL: 8

EXP: 178/3200

Title: Kami's Assistant

Class: Archangel

HP: 2856/4900

Stamina: 3804/4900

Mana: 2946/4900

Strength: 4900

Endurance: 4900

Intelligence:4900

Dexterity: 4900

Charisma: 4900

Wisdom: 4900

She still had time left in this state. If she couldn't beat him now then much less when it was too late. Still she couldn't get the idea of her mind that she should have killed the Centaur back then.

These past few days she had been asking around and learning about how this worlds rules work. Even if her stats were less than the Centaurs it would have been possible for her to defeat him if her Skill's Level was high enough. There were other factors like her gear and weapon that would come to play as well so looking at straight numbers could be deceiving. Considering her [Searing Geyser] and [Holy Fire] were maxed she would have thought the single combination of these two skills would have done more than enough damage. Not to mention her weapon which she learned in this world would be considered something around the range of an Arms weapon, which was supposed to be the highest level of weapons here. She learned of its ability to increase all Holy and Fire Damage by a significant 300% as well as reduce the cost of her skills around those elements by half. When she had casted her [Holy Strike] skill she found it suspicious that the Centaur had not taken more damage either, which means the Centaur is wielding overwhelming gear like her or he's got an ability that is helping him out.