Chapter 36- Facing the Naga

Sebastien  rolled across the floor dodging the attack from the Naga. It was a  swipe attack that threw out a force that would seemingly shred anyone  that comes in contact with.

The  attack instead hit the edge of the walls causing a small explosion  behind him. He drew on his bow and aimed it at the Naga. The arrow began  glowing as he shouted out.

"Arrow Pierce!"

A  swift glowing arrow making a loud popping noise was released from his  bow as it hit the Naga's underbelly and bounced of it but not before  giving it a small cut. 

The Naga screeched as it looked directly at Sebastien ready to strike him down.

"Quick protect the Captain. Build a wall and don't let it past you!" yelled out one of the warriors.

The group of scattered guards nodded their heads and re-formed into a line that served as a wall against the Naga. 

However,  this was trivial to the Naga as it pushed itself through the ground at  fast speeds and easily tackled its way past all the guards.

The guards let out a yell as they were flung against the walls like they were simple toys with ease.

Sebastien  saw that the Naga was closing in and knew he had moments to dodge. Even  so, now that there was no one to front line for him, the Naga would mercilessly attack him until it wore him down and finally, kill him off.

Still,  he decided it was better than to stay standing and wait for his inevitable death. He timed the approach of the Naga as he barely managed  to roll to the side of it, missing the swing from the monster's hand. However, he had underestimated the versatility of the creature as it swung its tail at him mid dodge. He saw it coming  for a split second as he managed to place his arms in front of himself  to minimize the damage he would receive. The tail struck him and  instantly sent him flying back as the full force of the blow left him breathless.

Sebastien coughed letting out some of his blood as he rolled across the ground  and managed to land on one of his knees. The blow was brutal to say the least as his vision slightly became blurry from the attack. He  looked over his shoulder at the expressionless Sayu who stood behind him only a few feet away and smirked.

"Pardon... Madame Sayu that you would have to see moi in such a sorry state. Do not fret though, I shall protect you with my life if I must."

Even in the face of this monster he still found himself trying to be the  dashing man who the fragile woman looked to in the tough situations. He  would not back down now.

He eyed the Naga who stared at him silently from a distance as if daring him to make the next move. 

Sebastien did not assume the creature was going to be this strong. He had faced other Nagas  in his expeditions before and it was something he and the rest of his squadron had been able to handle. This one was different though, much stronger than he had anticipated. He activated his [Data] skill to take a close look at what he was truly dealing with here.

[Status Bar]

Name: Naga

LVL: 29

EXP: 24/16000

Title: Beast

Class: Monster/ Dungeon Boss

HP: 653/658

Stamina: 735/750

Mana: 509/509

Strength: 624

Endurance: 562

Intelligence: 489