Chapter 29- Old Faces

"Hey you freaking genius of an idiot you did it!" exclaimed Hiromichi as he grabbed Kami, lifted him and hugged him.

Kami felt like a small baby bear being cuddled by the giant momma bear.

"Haha, alright then down boy, the King agreed after some heated discussion but at the same time we will have some uninvited guest coming along with us. We have to report to the Adventurer's Guild and find some adventurer who had gone along with Himari and the others and managed to escape."

"What was that about Himari? She in some sort of trouble man?" asked Hiromichi in a bit of a panic.

"Maybe, I can see her stats through my companion and she appears to be fine, in fact, she seems to be leveling up in that dungeon. However, it looks like there's something keeping them in there or something I can't say for sure."

Kami and Hiromichi both started walking down the streets of Alzel. The atmosphere was somewhat gloom and many people seemed almost drained of their spirit.

"O-on a side note, what the hell is up with this dead land of a city? Was it this crappy when we got here? Hells going on..." asked Hiromichi.

"No, I'm almost sure something happened while we were in jail. Actually, I'm not quite sure anything was completely fine before we even got here. There's probably something happening but let's focus on saving Himari and the group first. What can you tell me about dungeons?" asked Kami as they moved through the crowd.

"Tch, still an idiot. Well, dungeons are created when a large group of different kinds of monsters gather together. All that energy creates a dungeon. Inside a dungeon monsters can gain EXP just by being there and at some point, one of them will evolve past the others and turn into a Dungeon Boss"

"Ah, that sounds troublesome. We'll get there soon enough anyway and when we do, we'll handle anything in our way."

"Easy for you to say. You're some freaking supernatural Hero of a freak. I heard that the Hero of Tyr was supposed to be some crazy strong guy but you're a bit above that pay grade. Never would have imagined he would turn out to be some idiot with no knowledge what so ever, gets me all pissed."

Kami chuckled as they made their way to the Guild. Soon, after a few minutes' walk time, he found himself at the doorstep of the ever so familiar Guild. He opened the door and walked inside along with Hiromichi. The place inside was more dead than usual as Kami looked around. The receptionists were standing behind the counter waiting as usual but even they seemed a bit drained from the atmosphere.

He walked up to one of the receptionists and asked.

"We're supposed to be meeting some adventurer who would show us information about a dungeon nearby."

The receptionist barely glanced at Kami before she raised her hand, indicating that they should follow her.

Hiromichi leaned over and whispered in Kami's ear.

"This smells like some bull man, I don't like it."

Kami lifted his hand signaling to not make much of a hassle about it before he followed the receptionist. Soon they reached the rest area and in one of the chairs sat a familiar face. It was the girl he had healed two weeks ago with his healing ability. She looked up at him and both stared at each other with a dumbfound expression.

"You were the one who made it out of that dungeon without the group..."

"Ku, you're the one I have to show the dungeon too..."

Thief stood up and cleared her throat as she looked to her sides.

"I never...really said thank you for saving me the trouble of suffering back then, but seriously you're one annoying guy!"