Chapter 56- Back We Go

"How was the meal?" exclaimed Asobi giving a light burp.

Kami arched his eyebrows as they walked once more in a landscape of fog. To be honest the food had been decent enough but nothing extraordinary he had not tasted before. He had eaten some smoked salmon with a juicy sauce tasting similar to hollandaise sauce. The side dishes that accompanied the salmon were fitting as well. A three-pepper salad that added some further texture to the salmon if you ate alongside with it and some sweet potatoes too cool down if it got a bit too intense. There was nothing really fancy or grand about what they had served him and he was fine with that, but taste wise it was a basic meal to him. The drink was refreshing with a hint of tangerine and alcohol in it which brought him the question, how old was Asobi that he could order and drink some alcohol. Honestly a simple order from a fast food restaurant would have hit the spot better but he didn't want to let these Gods know too much about his full power just yet.

"It was fine next time I'll give you some food that'll really get you going."

"Oh? I've tasted all kinds of food across the Universe I don't think you have much to show me but I won't say no to a free meal!"

Kami nodded his head in agreement and smiled. He probably had no idea what awaited him next time they met in terms of a food showcase.

"What now then? Are you going to send me back to Tyr?"

Asobi stared at Kami for a second before grinning.

"Sure! I've confirmed everything I need to from you for now! We might just suddenly pluck you randomly back to Celestia if we need to know something. We'll also be keeping an eye out on you to see if you ever become a God. Don't try to hide it."

Asobi stared burned into Kami as he realized what this meant. They were going to basically stalk him and try to recruit him into this Divine-level place along with the other Gods.

Kami looked back at him and smirked.

"That was a bit ominous to be frank with you."

"Was it? Well you either join Iatra or Yotsune. Not many choices, and I doubt you'll join Yotsune."

Kami nodded his head. He had been caught up by this young boy about the whole war that was happening between Goddess Iatra and God of Calamity while they ate. It seemed like a small quarrel over controlling a Universe that didn't rightfully belong to them to begin with. None the less, Kami found this amusing and would play along until he wanted to otherwise.

"One more question"

"Go for it!"

"Why couldn't Goddess Iatra tell me all this herself, would have been nice to at least meet the being who's trying to recruit me into this all-out war."

Asobi gave a childish laugh as he twirled around Kami a bit.

"Most mortals would have just been pleased with getting to meet me but you seem unfazed at the fact that I'm even a God! Tell you what, next time I'll put in a word with her and she'll personally bring you so you could have a word with her. She loves meeting fanatics of hers!"

Kami put a puzzling expression at hearing this. Had Asobi misinterpreted his question and believed that Kami was someone who was devoted towards Goddess Iatra?

He shrugged and smiled deciding it was all fine for now anyway. One last thing he had to do before he left. Knowing that his journey would now most likely involve these Gods he would have to learn much more about them. He decided to measure up the strength of this God to see exactly what it was he was dealing with.