Chapter 80

Finn

I climbed onto my broom, letting Ez wrap her arms around my thin frame. Her head was nestled in the crevice between my head and shoulder, her hot breath on my neck. I started our flight, making sure she was okay at all times. We flew around the field, rising higher each time we made a lap. She finally agreed to let me fly her over top of the castle. The flight was wonderful, my hair flying back, her laughter filling the air as I attempted to make her feel safe with jokes. We only made one lap, and then we flew back to the front of the castle.

"Do we just leave the stuff on the field?" Ez asked me, as we were walking back to the common room.

"I'll let the night guy get it." I said jokily. When we got into the common room, and snuggled up close on the couch, I asked her a question.

"Do you enjoy being my girlfriend?" She quickly nodded and wrapped her arms around me.

"Have you ever read 'The Outsiders'?" I asked, ready to read to her. She shook her head no, so I ran up the stairs and grabbed the book.

"Chapter 1..... When I stepped outside into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home. I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman--- he looks tough and I don't--- but I guess my own looks aren't so bad. I have light-brown, almost-red hair and greenish-gray eyes. I wish they were more gray, because I hate most guys that have green eyes, but I have to be content with what I have. My hair is longer than a lot of boys wear theirs, squared off in back and long at the front and sides, but I am a greaser and most of my neighborhood rarely bothers to get a haircut. Besides, I look better with long hair...." I began reading as I saw her looking happy because I was reading to her.