Chapter 18

Finn

When me and August finally stopped laughing, I realized that Ez wasn't there anymore. I walked away from August, looking for Ez. Soon the walking turned into jogging, and that quickly turned into running. I ran until I reached my starting point. I heard muffled crying coming from a door nearby. I called in, "Ez, are you okay?" The response broke my heart, "Go away, I hate you Finmore." I started running. I kept running until I reached the lake. My feet took over for my mind. My body jumped through the cold water, into the lake. I started swimming through the water, trying to think straight, since I think better when I'm underwater. Suddenly, I decided to just play it cool and apologize to Ez when she calmed down.

Later that night, after dinner, my chance came. I sat down next to Ez and spoke, "Ez, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I was trying to joke around, and I got carried away. Afterwards, I went to Madam Pomfrey. I asked her what was wrong with me. She asked me 'Mentally, physically, or emotionally?' I answered her by saying, 'I don't know, what's my biggest problem?' She said, 'Were you ever dropped on your head as a child?' 'Repeatedly.' I answered," Ez laughed. I smirked and continued with my story, "Then she told me that I was in love and had an obsession with flirting with girls. 'What's the issue then?' I asked her. So, apparently I'm crazy, handsome, obsessed with talking to girls, and in love. But there's something she missed..... I'm a thief."

"What did you steal?" Ez asked, scowling. "Your heart." I answered slyly. She started laughing and smiled up at me, blushing. Then I did something truly crazy. I leaned over a kissed her quickly on the cheeks. "Why do you smell like lake water?" She asked.

"Cause I jumped in a lake. Why else?" I answered. "You're so weird" she said.

"But that's why you love me. Stay gold, Ez. Stay gold." I said walking out of the room.