Chapter 71

Ezmerelda

Tears came to my eyes, and my heart stung as he said those words. I walked the rest of the way to the lake, and sat down, I laid in the grass where Finn and I had once watched the sun set. I imagined his piercing brown eyes glowing in the moonlight beside me, and he had spilled his feelings for me.

"I love you, Ez"

Tears stung my eyes then, and I let them shed. Now I knew that I had done something terrible. Luke was just a badboy who, somehow, managed to get inside my head, but I can't blame it on anyone else.

All of this is my fault.

I got up slowly, just as Finn had done that night. I ran towards the Forbidden Forest. I found the clearing that I had freaked out in, when Finn had fallen from Gruffy. I fell to the dirt.

I just bawled. I sobbed and sobbed until I was dry.

I have to fix this...

I ran back to the tree that Finn was sitting in. I stood there, fresh tears still on my cheeks. I looked up, but Finn wouldn't look at me.

"Look, Finmore, I'm really sorry, I know that I really hurt you and-"

He cut me off,

"I don't want to hear it, go away."

"Please Finn, just listen to me!"

"No."

"Finmore Cade! You are going to listen to me right now!"

He finally turned his head, and we were looking each other right in the eyes.

"I love you, Finmore."