Chapter 13

Ezmerelda

The Great Hall was beautiful, amazing! Candles floated above us, in midair! It was...magical! "Alright, follow me, I will call your name off the list, and when you get called, you go to the front, sit on the stool, and I will place the hat on your head, and it will tell you which house you will be placed in." He smiled real big, and walked up to the front. Now we were just standing in a big clump in front of the stairs that lead to the adults table. In the middle of the table, in the biggest chair, (excluding the giant man, who we now knew was Professor Hagrid) was a very frail old woman, she looked very serious, she had her grey-ish-white hair pulled into a tight bun. I had learned from Jax that she was the Headmistress, Professor Mcgonagall. One of the professors called everyone to be quiet, and everyone went silent. Professor Graham said something like, "Now we will begin our sorting of the first years." A piece of parchment was lifted from the podium and names were called, along with the House that the person got.

Yvette Acey, Ravenclaw.

Parker Adams, Slytherin.

Penelope Bazil, Gryffindor.

I glanced over to Finn, he was staring up at them in excitement, waiting for his name to be called. August looked nervous, and Laila looked worried. All of a sudden, we heard

"August Blanchard."

He looked at us with huge eyes, I smiled reassuringly, as Finn was trying not to laugh. He walked up the stairs to the stool and sat quickly and squeezed his eyes shut in anticipation. The hat was placed on his head, and after about 10 seconds, it spoke, "Gryffindor." We all clapped and the people at the Gryffindor table cheered and wolf whistled as he sat down. Finn and I exchanged nervous glances a few times. More names,

Winnie Blaze, Hufflepuff.

Percy Cab, Ravenclaw.

"Finmore Cade."

I looked at him and gave him a quick thumbs up before he headed to the front, he smiled as he walked confidently up the stairs, almost tripping over the stool leg, and sat down. I could tell that he had crossed his fingers, but as soon as the hat touched his head, it yelled, "Gryffindor!" He went over and joined the Gryffindor table, as well as August, as people clapped and yelled. I was getting a little nervous by now, because they were on the F's. "Laila Frenchi." He called, and before I could even turn to her, she was up the steps and on the stool. The hat shouted, "Slytherin!" As it touched her hair. I was surprised, I thought Most of Slytherin were people who weren't very nice, she didn't belong there! She smiled approvingly and sat at the Slytherin table.

Danielle Gable, Hufflepuff.

Lauren Galley, Ravenclaw.

Mary Geevie, Slytherin.

"Ezmerelda Green."

I died, I was so nervous, I started to walk up the steps and tripped over one of them, almost falling.

I think I've been hanging around Finn too much

Some of the Slytherins laughed, others gave me sympathetic looks as I sat down on the stool. Professor Graham sat the hat on my head...