44. Dear Jake, I hate you.

Start from the beginning

I walk into my room and Maggie has her back to me excitedly talking on the phone.

"Yeah even if he does wake up he's going straight to jail they said."

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her taking in her scent. She rests against my chest.

"Yeah I'll see you soon. Bye mom bye dad love you too."

She turns in my arms and steps on her tiptoes to kiss my lips.

"Whats wrong?" She asks pulling away looking worried. "Aren't you happy?"

"I am happy for you."

"Then what's wrong?" She looks deeply into my eyes.

"I guess you'll be going home then." I push her hair behind her ears and she smiles.

"Of course i'm going home." My chest hurts at the thought of her leaving. "You're coming with me. Aren't you?" Her smile falters for a second but it comes right back when I smile down at her.

"I thought maybe you wouldn't need me anymore. You know with Max gone and all."

She looks at me confused. "Jake I love you of course I need you. There's no way i'm having this baby on my own."

I smile at her picking her up and swinging her in a circle. "Of course you're not!" I kiss her full on the lips. "I love you."

She smiles. "I love you too Jake. Even if you are silly."

"Me? Silly?"

"Yes you thought I was going to leave you. I could never do that I need you too much."

"I need you too." I say burying my face in her neck. "So much."

Evas pov.

When my tears stop I look up at him. "Why are you being so nice to me? I don't even know your name."

He steps away from me. "My names Danny. and i'm being nice to you because you just had your whole world turned upside down."

I nod looking at the ground. "I'm Eva."

He smiles and I feel my heart skip. "I know."

"So you said you had a warrant." I say changing the subject and looking away from him.

Now is definitely not the time to have a crush on someone i tell myself forcefully. But I can't help but look at the ring finger on his left hand and feel happier when I see that there's no ring.

"Yes. I'm going to call some of the other guys to go through his room and I'll stay with you."

I smile a little but then I remind myself he's just trying to be nice. "Alright."

Maggie's pov

My parents are here!! They want to take Jake his parents and me to dinner to thank them and to celebrate. Were going to a fancy restaurant so I had to wear a nice dress and Jake was in nice pants and a button up shirt.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=22600000

Jake takes my hand and we step out of the house. Jake's parents behind us. My parents climb out my mom running over to hug me.

"I'm so happy for you!"

I'm about to respond when Andrew steps out of the car. He doesn't make a move towards me or Jake. Jake squeezes my hand. We haven't actually talked about what happened with Andrew yet. Jake starts to pull me towards the car.

"Hello Andrew." Jake says.

"Hello Jake." He turns to me and his eyes turn pleading. "Maggie I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." He steps towards me to touch my stitches but my mouth falls open and I step away.

"You didn't mean to hurt ME? What about JAKE?"

"Look Jake I'm sorry about that too but I just you know how upset I was when I found out you guys were having sex. Maggie your my little sister I just don't want you to have your life ruined because of having a baby too soon."

I step towards Jake. "I'm your twin Andrew were the same age. And me and Jake want this baby. It's not going to ruin either of are lives."

Andrew nods. "I'm sorry to both of you." He swallow and looks nervously at me. "Is the baby ok?"

I put my hand on my stomach. "The baby's fine."

He steps towards me. "Can I?" he says his hand hovering over my belly.

I nod my head and he touches my stomach. He looks up at me and smiles.

"There's a baby in here?"

I nod my head and laugh. "Yeah there is.. sorta it's only been two weeks. My stomach is still flat."

He grabs me in a hug. "I'm happy for you guys." He turns to Jake and gives him a hug too. "Both of you."

Me and Jake are both smiling with Andrew now and I hug Jake's waist leaning against him happy that everything is the way it should be.

Dannys pov

I'm sitting at the table with Eva drinking coffee. She is really pretty even though she looks like a total mess. I wonder what she looks like in normal circumstances.

When I was called to go through this kids room and to tell the mother about the warrant I had expected to see a monster to come in through the door. Who could have raised someone so evil. But then Eva came in her body shaking skin pale. Completely frightened. Worried about her son.

I watched her raise the cup to her lips. It's so inappropriate to find her attractive when I sent men up to her sons room to go through his stuff. A job that I was supposed to do but instead I found myself drinking coffee wanting to protect her from her own child.

I find myself already thinking up excuses on how I can see her again when there's a yell upstairs.

"Hey Danny you may want to come take a look at this."

I look at Eva who's looking at me frightened. "I'll be right back. Stay here." She nods her head.

I run up the stairs and into the boys room. Stuff is already in boxes as evidence when I walk in. I walk over to Paul.

"Yeah whats up?"

"You may want to take a look at these." He points to the wall he's looking at.

I walk over and look at the photos taped to the wall. What the?

"Who are they?" I ask.

"I don't know. maybe the mother does?"