Chapter 93

Michael’s POV

Multiple missed calls from Liam caught my attention as I retrieved my phone from the desk in the corner of the backstage room. I returned my phone profile to loud and rang Liam back. On the 4th ring he answered and that’s when the worry began settle in my stomach. 

“Hello?”

“Michael, its all okay now, sorry to alert you but Sophie-”

“Sophie? What’s she doing in your room? Why’s she with you?”

“We were watching films and then she started to get pains in her stomach and then began being sick, she said she hasn’t had the pains to that extent before. I tried persuading for her to go to the doctors but she’s adamant that it’s just a little sickness. She’s been ill for over a week now.”

“I know how damn long she’s been ill. I’ve tried as hard as possible to get her to see someone and I’m not going to go behind her back and get someone for her.”

“Will people calm down these days. I know, I wasn’t expecting you to its just its getting a point where there’s no way it’s just a stomach bug.”

“Sorry” I let out a sigh giving me time to think. “I will be back in 45 minutes, can you stay with her and check she’s alright, just no funny business this time.”

“Uh yeah, listen I’m so-” I could practically see him scratching the back of his neck and I was in no mood for an awkward apology. 

“No need to apologise just look after her okay?”

“Okay.” The call was dropped and I scooted around the room, hopefully earning a few more minutes. 

After a slow journey of nail biting and uncomfortable fidgeting, the cab finally pulled up at the hotel. I was on the elevator and opening the door to my hotel room as quick as I could, dropping my bags off and making my way to Liam’s room. When he decided to open the door and allow me in, my eyes found the limp body that was shaking enough to be visible, small whimpers of pain escaped her causing me to be by her side in the blink of an eye. I couldn’t stand to see her in pain and this was hurting me just as much as it seemed to hurt her, only it was physically pain for her.

“Sophie it’s okay baby, I’m here now.” My hands gently shifted her onto my chest, a slow rock to sooth her. “Let’s get you back to our room and I’ll make you a hot chocolate.” I had other things in mind to distract her but it wasn’t appropriate considering the state she was in. My head turned towards Liam, a grateful smile was directed his way as I lifted Sophie into my arms and left the room. 

Carefully, I placed Sophie upon the neatly covered mattress. She let out a quiet moan, although it wasn’t in pleasure, this still seemed to turn a table within my stomach. 

“Baby” I cooed, setting myself down beside her. I was unsure if she had fallen asleep but the motion of her head turning to face me told me she was awake. “You still look beautiful” I brought my voice into a whisper, hopefully making an effect on her like she was on me. A small smile formed on her face as she pressed her lips to mine. I stayed gentle as I deepened the kiss; it had been so long since we had been this close, so I was going to make the most of it before the pain pulls her away again. 

Fingers crawled under her night shirt as they found the skin that lay beneath it. Goosebumps rose from my touch, electrifying her skin. The lack of a bra excited me as my fingers found the point of her nipple. My hand widened around her breast as it massaged it. Her moans vibrated through the kiss before her lips parting from mine instantly as gasps exploded from our part. 

The wince on her face pulled my hand from her only for it to be placed on her cheek. 

“Fuck that hurt.” Her hand cupped the brest that I was groping as she continued to wince, whilst she breathed a heavy pant.

“What is it? Did I go too far? I’m sorry I didn’t me-” My sentence feel as I watched her peel her slightly sweaty shirt from her aching body. The abnormally large breast before me shocked me.

“Shit. That’s one swollen boob.”