Chapter 39

Rebecca’s POV:

“On the road again du du du du du” Everyone sang as the tour bus rolled down the busy roads of Manchester, heading towards our next destination, Edinburgh. I was so excited, I’ve only ever been around Wolverhampton so to go to London, Manchester and now Edinburgh is just amazing. I can’t thank Liam enough for allowing me to tag along on tour with them. I honestly did not expect to be dating Niall Horan, who I must admit I had liked for a while now, be best mates with Ashton Irwin and to have found my ‘Long Lost Best Friend’.

And right now, sat on this very bus, with everyone that ever matters to me around, apart from my family although they’re practically family, I’ve managed to slow these past weeks down and actually think about everything in slow motion.

It’s just incredible.

“Boo? Boo!” My body shook and jumped slightly as my vision focused in on the real world. Ashton was stood in front of my waving his hands in attempt to catch my distant attention.

“What?!” I snapped before I took in what was happening. “Oh Hi Ashton sorry… I was just thinking.” A small chuckle escaped him as he perched himself beside me.

“So, what were you thinking about?”

“Everything.” A simple statement was all it took and he still understood what it meant. “How did I go from a quiet girl sitting in her room all day doing maths revision for a non-existent exam to sat on a tour bus, wait, let me rephrase that, the biggest boy band on the planet’s tour bus with 9 wild boys- 1 of them who actually has feelings for me- on the way to Scotland!”

“I have no idea” Ashton’s smile was small and I could see something was bothering him. “Now I’ve told you what I’m thinking about, you’ve got to tell me what’s on your mind.”

“You really want to know?” I nodded, I had no idea what to expect but not what was coming next. “You” How was I supposed to reply to that? My reply involved biting the inside of my cheek and sighing slightly.

“Ashton…” I began but didn’t know how to finish.

“It’s okay Becca, I understand.” Guilt washed over me causing my heart to sink. I watched as the blonde boy raised from the seat, his face scanned to bus, catching the sight of Sophie and Michael curled up in each other’s arms whilst Michael played fifa with a very happy Calum. His eyes then met the unofficial couple sat in the corner of the area, their bodies intertwined, Luke’s chin resting upon my friend’s shoulder as he watched the game intently, creating a loud cheer every now and again.

A grinning boy walked towards me, his face full of happiness as he towered over me. His pink lips forming a sweet “Hello love” as they joined mine, the kiss gentle and short. His body swung round, bringing himself to my level, his well-built arms snaked around my waist as my body was lifted with ease only to be sat back down onto the boy’s lap. His arm’s remained around my body whilst his lips found their way to my neck. The hair was pushed aside, giving him access to my bare skin. There was no urgency as his lips pecked my skin lightly only to be removed again.

Yet my eyes remained on two brown ones. They were filled with sadness, you could see how alone they felt. The emptiness burned through me as the figure stepped away from the room quietly, their exit was painful, it felt like more than them just leaving the room.

It was like my body had shattered, he was alone and waiting for the one person.

But that one person was taking too long and soon it’ll be too late…