Chapter 67

Sophie POV

My eyes widened as I looked at Harry in front of me. His arm to his stomach and his face screwed up in pain. Red paint on his arm, making me wonder if it was really paint or blood or even both.

“H-Harry it’s going to be okay… Someone will be along soon” I say quickly crouching down beside him and touching his cheek softly in a friendly manner. My eyes quickly looking around as I bit my lip, wanting someone to come and help him. The amount of pain on his face was unbearable for me, mostly due to me never being okay with people being hurt.

His features softened, causing me to think that I was soothing him. When he didn’t screw up in pain again I quickly looked down, leaning my head further down to check if he was breathing through his mouth.

I suddenly felt a movement, causing me to look down and his lips were inches from mine. This scared me more than the ‘pain’ Harry was in.

I quickly stood up, stumbling back a little before grabbing my gun that was far too heavy for me. “What are you doing?” I say quickly covering my mouth. “You know I don’t think of you like that” I say quickly as I bite my lip and feel tears fill my eyes.

I needed to find Michael.

His comfort was all I needed right now.

Both Harry and the countless paint balls flying about were scaring me, but I didn’t know which one more.

“You were never hurt… You were using the fact that I hate seeing people hurt to try and ruin me and Michael… H-How could you….” I whimper as I quickly begin to run off.

Not too far away from the ‘hurt’ body on the floor, I tripped over a tree root which was sticking out of the ground. We didn’t have helmets in this match. I’d been convinced I wouldn’t need it, which wasn’t the case right now.

My head fell to the floor, coming into contact pretty hard.

Shit that hurt.

I tried to sit up, but soon everything turned black.

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling someone’s large hand shaking my shoulders.

“M-Michael?” I whimper feeling my head begin to hurt a large amount.

It wasn’t Michael.

It was the idiot.

His face was close to mine, causing me to think he was attempting to take advantage of me once more, but this time, I was more vulnerable.

My hand flew up, coming into contact with his rosy cheek from running about. A large smacking sound coming from the contact as I quickly stood up with tears in my eyes as I stood up, stumbling from the headache I now had.

Before he even had time to register what had happened and try and explain everything I was off. I wanted to find Michael. I needed him to tell me I was going to be okay. To tell me that Harry wouldn’t touch me.

My legs carried me around the pitch. Countless shots being fired causing bruises to slowly begin to show on various parts of my body. It didn’t look much different to the love bites Michael would leave, about the same amount too. So I wasn’t too bothered.

When the game ended my arms flew around his waist. My face burying into his chest as he felt the small bump on the back of my head.

“Oh Soph” He sighed kissing the top of my head gently as my eyes closed. His lips bringing comfort already and his scent calming me almost instantly, stopping me from sobbing hysterically.

The room was tense. The feelings from myself and Harry being passed to everyone else as I sniffed against Michael.

“Mate, why is there a handprint on your cheek?” Louis says confused as Harry stutters.

“S-Uh, nothing” He says softly as everyone’s fall to me.

Was it really that obvious?