Chapter 57

Rebecca’s POV

The clouds rolled by as my mind wondered. I couldn’t believe on was on an aeroplane for the first time ever. The atmosphere was unusual and I wished Asht- Niall was here with me, telling me everything was going to be okay, that the plane won’t get took down and that there won’t be some storm. 

The thought of his arms around me seemed to calm the worry of an awaiting disaster but seemed to make the guilt that lay in the pit of my stomach worse. I can’t believe I actually said I faked it all! I was scared that they’d actually find out the truth so I double bluffed it.

My head snapped back, hitting the luckily cushioned head rest, as I groaned from the thought of what I had done. How could I be so stupid? If Ashton found out that either I had feelings for him or that I used my feelings for him to go home only for me to come back and surprise Niall. It must seem like I used him when I didn’t even know I was going to end up on a plane to Ireland. 

Hours later and the plane had landed, I watched as the taxi that Niall’s mum arranged to pick me up, pulled up to the curb; stopping for me to pile my case into the boot of the vehicle. Once I was settled in the back seat, I started thinking again. The pain began to grow so I plugged my headphones in and allowed the music to play through them. 

Just as ‘Crash’ by You Me At Six, a band that I managed to persuade Ashton into listening to, began to play, the taxi halted outside a beautiful bungalow surrounded by brightly coloured flowers. The headphones were pulled from my ears as a gasp escaped my lips. It was honestly breathtaking the way the sun peeped through the trees. 

Excitement boiled over me as I remembered that Niall was obliviously sat in there. I rushed out the taxi thanking him continuously as I pulled my case from the back. After a number of attempts of trying to pay the man who had escorted me here, I finally got to the door. Maura, Niall’s mum, had previously told me to walk straight in. 

I followed her instructions and stepped into the building. I was met with a sweet lady welcomed me with a hug and showed me where to leave my bags so I could go meet the boy who I was missing. 

“Mum who-” An Irish accent poured through the kitchen door matching Maura’s. His eyes met mine as a smile formed on my face. “B-Becky?” He questioned “What are you doing here?” 

I could see he was holding back the urge to scream and a huge smile taking over his face; I couldn’t go any longer without holding him. I darted towards him; a perfect scene for a movie, his arms snaking around my waist as I was lifted into the air, circling round as my arms fell around his neck whilst our lips connected softly. 

When his mum left the room silently, our lips connected again, making up for the week that we had spent separated. The kiss was soft at first but passion eased through; my lower back coming into contact with the counter, his smirk playing through our connection whilst my fingers ran through his tired hair. 

“Your mum is in the other room” I reminded him, breaking the kiss slowly. I didn’t want it to end but I was in his parent’s house and I needed to respect that. 

“Then I’ll show you the rooms” He grinned and before I could protest, I was being dragged down the hall.

“What if someone hears-?”

“Then you’ll just have to be quiet”

Typical Niall.

When Niall finally agreed on getting up, we got dressed and decided on meeting up with the others. My hand was tightly in his as we walked into the hotel and took the elevator up to the floor that the majority of their rooms situated. The accommodation was simple and pretty; they didn’t have a floor to themselves with a shared kitchen but it still had a public lounge area with separate rooms which the boys and Sophie needed to share into twos again.

I walked over to see Ashton, I had missed him, I had missed everyone but I missed him annoying me, it didn’t make sense to miss someone who irritated you most of the time but I did. I looked back to see Niall smiling and chatting with Liam, a beer already in his hand, as if he could feel my eyes on him he turned giving me a genuine smile and continuing his conversation. 

My body fell to the space next to him and nudged him playfully. “Did you miss me?” I smiled but he didn’t reply. Oh. “What’s up?” I frowned to the boy who seemed unusually silent.

“Don’t play the nice act on me why don’t you go over to your boyfriend and surprise him” He snapped, not making eye contact with me.

“Ashton what are you talking about? What’s got into you?”

“As if you don’t already know.” With that he walked off, disappearing into his room.

He knows.