Chapter 74

Rebecca’s POV

The call was sent to voicemail for the 18th time making my scream angrily, throwing my phone towards the pile of revision books, sending them flying to the floor. 

“Why the fuck won’t he answer! He’s seen my fucking messages!” I screamed falling to the floor in tears. Footsteps bouncing up the stairs sending me into a worry as my mum swung open the door.

“Young lady I wish to never hear you say that language ever again!”

“Then fuck off!” Before she had chance to scold me further, I grabbed my phone from the pile of books and ran past her and down the stairs, out the door. 

I made it to the nearby woods and walked calmly through the trees, the sun peeping through the branches. The buzz from my phone triggered me instantly as I looked at the now cracked screen. Sophie’s name showed up on my screen as I sighed heavily into the warm air. Of course it wouldn’t be him. 

“Hi” Was my first response to answering the call, I pulled my lips into a smile, even if she couldn’t see me, as I sat down onto the forest floor. 

“What’s wrong?” She knew me too well.

“He won’t answer me, I’ve called him 18 times, texted probably over 100 times and I know he’s in because Calum told me he was sat texting on it” I didn’t even need to use his name and she would understand who I was talking about.

“Becky” She sighed quietly.

“But how did Michael even find out? Like he doesn’t even know the full truth and now Ashton believe I have no feelings for him and that I faked the whole thing. I didn’t even know I was going to go meet Niall. It’s been 2 weeks!”

“Becky. Michael overheard me tell Harry about it. I made up most of what I told Harry because I knew you wouldn’t want him knowing.”

“You what?”

“I’m sorry… Listen I’m sure he’ll come round” I heard shuffling in the background and hoped no one was listening to our conversation.

“I never realised how much I liked him until now. Like I miss Niall and everything but why do I miss Ashton more?”

“You were really close to him, it doesn’t mean anything.”

“You told me that you know when you love someone. I’m not skipping to conclusions but I just ugh.”

“Wait you actually like Ashton?” I heard a strong Australian voice call through the speaker as I gasped.

“Shit. Calum don’t tell anyone. You swear?” 

“Michael. I swear but you told him yourself”

“He doesn’t believe me.” Wait it was Michael? I could tell by his voice but Sophie did say Calum had a bad throat or something. What was Michael doing with Sophie, they seemed pretty pissed last time they saw each other. Probably for another argument.

“He wants to but getting his hopes up like that will crush him.”

“I know. I just- ugh nevermind.”

“You’re thinking too hard about this, Niall and you are perfect together. Ashton’s just trying to get into your mind.”

“I know but if I was truly in love with Niall then I wouldn’t allow Ashton to get into my mind.

I looked up to see my mum storming my way and quickly said bye before rushing past her and back home. I know how I’m spending this afternoon, arguments and revision is so much stress it’s unreal. 

I just wish it would all end.