Chapter 50

Sophie POV

Liam’s body was laid beside mine. His large hand slowly caressing my cheek as we laid under the thin sheet on his bunk bed in the hotel room and a soft smile on his face. I’d drifted off to sleep for half an hour or so.

“Liam?” I say confused as my eyes adjust to the light, feeling a shiver from the air conditioning on the bus from the heat being turned up from the previous activities. The activities that seemed a good idea at the time.

“Hello love” He whispered softly as his long fingers tucked a strand of pastel pink hair behind my ear. I slowly put my hands under the sheet to rub my arm, feeling no sign of any clothing. I turned my head slightly, seeing the pink lace thong I’d been wearing at the end of the bunk with my denim shorts, cropped vest and bra.

“Shit” I mutter before quickly reaching over to the clothes at the end of the bed. “No, no, no” I muttered to myself as I pulled them on and putting the sheet back onto the bed.

“What’s wrong?” He said leaning up on his elbows as he watched me stand in the hallway between the rows of bunks. I didn’t normally get changed this quickly so something must have been wrong to him. Even since we were 10 I’d take forever to change after a physical education class at school.

“This can’t be happening” I murmur running a hand through my hair in an attempt to tame it ever so slightly from the state it was in. “I-I’m sorry… I have to go” I say quickly as I quickly run to the door of the tour bus, opening it and closing it before making my way slowly back inside as my hands rubbed my face gently.

What the hell was I doing sleeping with my supposed best friend? That was three people I knew that I’d been with. All best friends with each other… I had to stop this now.

I made my way into an empty dressing room. Not giving the slightest damn who’s it was as I grabbed my phone from my pocket, wiping my under eyes to make sure no makeup had run from the sweat we’d made not even an hour ago, hissing as my hand touched the still new cut on my cheek.

The door swung open, revealing a very upset, scared and worn out looking Becky. Her eyes softening as she noticed my curled up body sat on the sofa, scrolling through my phone. “There you are” She sighed as I stayed looking down, not daring to look up in case my scared looking face gave anything away.

“Look, I really am so, so sorry for throwing that book at you… I don’t know what came over me…” She said quietly as I nodded slowly, more to myself than anything.

“No, I-It’s okay…” I stuttered quickly, not even slightly peeling my eyes from my phone screen before me.

“Actually… I do know what came over me… I just got so stressed… Over leaving, exams, Ashton…” She said in a partial day dream as her eyes widened. “Crap… Uh- I better explain now… He made a move on me in the hotel room and I like him and- I’m going home early.” She said suddenly.

That made me look up.

“What? N-no you can’t. I-I need you…” I whisper tearing up slightly as she shook her head, pulling me into a tight hug. My eyes scrunching up to avoid tears flowing and because she touched the throbbing cut on my cheek. I really needed to get Paul to look at that.

“I’m sorry Soph… I packed everything last night, I’m going now, that’s why I came to see you” She said pulling back and holding my cheeks as I looked down. Scared emotions evident in my eyes as I slowly nodded. Her eyes clearly picking it up but not wanting to press on it.

Before I knew it she was standing up, book in hand – that she’d left behind – and was walking out of the door. The backstage door leading to the car park closing and a car pulling away.

That’s when I couldn’t stop it.

The tears began flowing and I didn’t care who held me now.

Not that I wanted anyone to.