Chapter 77

Ashton’s POV

Day three of the return of Becky and we’ve not spoken one word to one another. We haven’t even made eye contact, I can’t ask her to grab the remote control for the TV like I used to just to hear her made rude remarks about how I was closer and I should stop bring so lazy. There was no laughing together, no friendly cuddling, no piggy back rides, and no hanging round in her room while she refused to hear my opinion on her new clothes she’s bought in town with Sophie. Nothing. 

Until today. 

I was sat in my ‘My Little Pony’ tee, which Rebecca occasionally stole when we were classed as friends, with my curls pushed to the left. Following the words as they scrolled by, I scanned through twitter, mainly looking at the fan’s tweets for the new hashtag that had been made for the release of our album. It felt odd looking at these as I was presently surrounded by non working conditions. I always recognised this strong change between working and my not-so-private life, it’s hard to explain but I could feel the difference. 

I noticed some hate messages but they didn’t bother me, at least I didn’t think they did.

“For the mother of Koalas, stop pouting Ashton.” Her voice was foreign to my ears as she hadn’t conversed much these few days, only on the first day as she had a lot to discuss. I let my stare follow her words and make eye contact with hers. Her eyes had freckles of green slowly appearing through the corner as it was getting warmer and she had mentioned they change colour in the sun. 

The stare was broke when a kitchen towel, which was once on Rebecca’s shoulder, came hurling towards me, hitting against my face. 

“That’ll teach you to stare” She smirked, joining me on the sofa, our legs brushed against each other causing her to flinch away as a worried expression met my still startled one. I stayed muted, continuing to scroll through twitter. It’s not that I didn’t want to talk to her; hell I had missed her so damn much, I just didn’t have anything to say. 

“Ashton I’m fed up of this.” Her legs were now crossed and her body faced me. “I can’t go on any longer with this constant act, as if we don’t even exist to each other. I honestly hate the fact you’d think I’d do such a thing, I trusted you to trust in me. I wouldn’t do that sort of shit. If I didn’t have feelings for you then I would of never of said I did. It’s always so easy to take the option of believing the first things you hear but people get things wrong, Ashton! I’m no perfect, nobody is, even though your fans would beg to differ obviously but that’s not the point, you’re not perfect either. Perfect is one word I hate and you know that. So just get over the fact or thinking anyone can be perfect, I made the mistake of telling someone about you know and so they assumed things but you made the mistake of not believing me and I’m sorry that you can’t trust me but-“

“Becky shut up okay, I believe you”

“What?”

“I said I believe you. Jesus, do you ever shut up!” I chuckled.

“I’ve barely said a word for almost 3 days, I think I deserved the time to speak.”

I rolled my eyes and looked up to the coloured hair boy as he entered the room, wearing a huge smile. “Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys! Guys!”

“I’m a girl.” Rebecca attempted to come across as angry but failed making her laugh.

“Shut up I know”

“Why does everyone keep telling me to shut up” Her bottom lip was stuck out into a pout, I had to force myself from removing her pout manually. 

“Don’t pout and Michael just tell us what you wanted and don’t say nothing.” He jumped in between me and Rebecca, making her squeal and pushing him further into me. 

“Listen, its Sophie’s 18th soon and I’m relying on you guys to make it huge for her. I don’t trust Luke because he’ll get some creepy ass clown to turn up, Ashton don’t be getting ideas, and Calum likes beer too much.”

“You’re trusting Ashton?” She laughed as I shoved Michael into her, showing my disapproval of her comment.

“I plan the most amazing parties ever just you wait.”

“Hmm..”

5 hours later, we had made over 100 calls to nearby suppliers and had gathered everything that was to be needed. There was just one call to make left and we had completed the preparations. 

“You call themmm, club owners are scary” She pouted.

“I told you to stop pouting” My finger poked her bottom lip which was pushed out repetitively as I spoke. “And I made the last 10 calls, I sure as hell won’t have any minutes left.”

“Then use the hotel one” She pointed over to the phone which the hotel supplied in every room. I only had to raise my eyebrow for her to know that I was not calling them. 

“Fine but if they’re mean to me be ready for a phone in your face.” I watched as she dialled in the number, copying it from a white piece of scrap paper that Calum had written down for us. It crossed my mind how he seemed to know all the numbers for the clubs in France but this is Calum.

The phone rang twice before the other end picked up. “Hello? Hi yes, this is Rebecca Davies calling, you know my friend Calum Hood right? Well we heard that you rent out your club and would like to see when you have a free night. 7th? That’s brilliant! Thank you so much.” He face brightened immediately as the call ended.

“See wasn’t so bad” I teased prodding her cheek.

“Shut up” She groaned rolling off the couch that sat in the corner of my hotel room.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“I’m rolling away. I thought I was going to be free from organisation after my exams but noooo” 

“Stop complaining, you have a surprise party to look forward to!”

“You mean Sophie has. I’m probably going to end up drunk and in someone else’s bed. Someone always does and if it’s not Sophie then for a fact it’s probably going to be me.” Her face was buried in the cushion that was earlier thrown on the floor from our small pillow fight.

“That’ll be funny to watch”

“What?”

“I meant the drinking bit, you drunk would be funny to watch” 

Her face was blank, worrying me slightly, but she soon burst into a fit of giggles making me laugh too. I really was glad to have my best friend back.

WhoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara