Chapter 32

Sophie POV

I woke up the next morning with Michael’s arms wrapped tightly around my small frame. I giggled gently, trying to keep as quiet as I could so I didn’t wake any of the sleeping figures in the Manchester Hotel.

I slowly unwound Michael’s arms, leaving a soft kiss on his forehead as I stepped onto the carpeted floor, wiggling my toes with a soft smile. I pulled his grey jumper further down my arms before looking over to the other sofa. It was a film night last night and Luke and Grace had fallen asleep curled up on the sofa. Her head buried in the crook of his neck and his fingers on her waist under her t-shirt, holding her close to his body so she didn’t slip away.

I’d made a truce with her, not bothering to ‘hate’ her anymore because I had Michael back for good. He was all mine now and nothing could change that factor just yet.

I yawned softly, running a hand through my hair before walking into the kitchen and putting the kettle on. A mug being brought down from the cupboard and four cups of tea being prepared, but only one having hot water added to it. I leaned against the worktop, sipping it gently as the hot steam hit my face. The cold wood of the kitchen cupboard against my legs and bum as the jumper rose a little from my slightly slanted stance.

The kitchen door opened, pulling me from my trance as I smiled at whoever it was – mostly expecting it to be Michael. It wasn’t.

There looked a very sheepish and loved up Rebecca.

“Morning” She smiled, her voice still laced with sleep and something else I couldn’t quite make out.

“Good morning, tea?” I smile softly as she nods, sitting herself down at the table as I poured the newly heated water into a cup, bringing it over and sitting cross legged on a chair in front of her. “Good night with Niall?” I smiled, placing my mug down and checking to see if there was a hair band still on my wrist after Michael attempting to plait my hair last night (which didn’t work in the slightest).

“Eh, it was in the end” She shrugs, sipping the hot liquid and sighing contently. “Nice cuppa” She says, in a slight attempt to change the subject.

“You had sex with him.” I said simply, smirking gently as I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail, manoeuvring the hairband simply before bringing my arms back down to lift the plain white mug to my lips.

“And how would you get that from telling you it’s a nice cup of tea?” She says raising her eyebrows.

“Change of subject, the sheepish look on your face and the huge purple love bite on your neck. I’ve been there Becky with Michael many times, I know the signs like a dance knows a dance routine” I shrug with a smirk, giggling softly. “So, I want the details as your best friends, future maid of honour and godmother to your children” I smirk as she laughs.

“Well, he pretty much ditched me last night… I came to find you for moral support but you were too loved up with hair dye boy to even care to see me in the room, so was Grace… I soon found Ash who comforted me before almost kissing me, Niall walked in and we argued a lot. Surprised you didn’t hear really… He stormed off to the roof which I soon followed. We kissed, went to his room and had sex” She says letting out a big breath.

I simply stared at her. She’d gone through almost the same as me yet here she was sitting and drinking tea, not leaving for the next flight home. She was a little soldier in my mind.

“Say something, please!” She groaned with a huff and a soft laugh as I cracked a wide smile.

“Well, at least you two are fixed up now. Everyone seems to be happy!” I smile with a laugh. “I have Mikey back and I wouldn’t change him for anything. You know, he’s taught me to play the start of a song on the guitar, I gave up though” I shrug with a smile. “Plus, I’ve fixed everything with Grace” I smile gently, “I’m still pissed about what she did though” I shrug beginning to laugh.

Rebecca’s phone went off as she picked it up. “Niall calls for a morning cuddle… I’ll come by later?” She smiles as I nod, watching her stand up as I hug her.

“At least tell him to make the love bites less visible” I smirk as she smacks my shoulder, leaving the room as I sigh contently. My hands wrapped securely around the mug as I began to daydream again. My mind thinking of the way Michael had changed. When we first used to hook up as best friends in high school, he’d have sex with me then go back to being a friend. Now, he was cuddly, cute and not all about screwing and then leaving. He’d only have sex every now and then…

Right now was perfect. The boy who used to be one of my best friends in Australia was now my boyfriend after so many years of painful sex – painful as in I liked him, he had no feelings I was aware he had.

I sighed contently finished my mug of tea and placing the empty cup in the kitchen. The shirt now risen to high thigh, showing the lace of my underwear at the back of the top as I yawned softly, itching my cheek slowly.

I made my way to the living room, noticing Grace now spooning with Luke. His arms were tight around her body with his head in the space between her shoulder blades. They were adorable together, I’d admit that right now.

Michael on the other hand was sprawled out with his mouth open, causing me to giggle a little too loudly. He had promised a day together today, claiming it would be just us which I replied with a ‘I don’t mind other people Mikey, you’re mine anyway” and a smirk.

All I knew, was that I had no idea what we would be doing today or who with.