Chapter 43

Harry’s POV

Now was my chance. I longed for this so much but I didn’t know it was going to happen so soon. The alcohol was still in my system last night when I was arguing with Michael. Considering we had to go on tour with them, I was pushing my luck but hell was it worth it. 

She was in my arms. Curled up to me. Not him. I had her. It was a huge shock but I had her and I am not planning on losing her anytime soon. I just have to prove to her she made the right choice. 

When she had said those words to me, I could have sworn I was just having another one of my dreams. Everything was the same as how I had dreamt. 

But it’s real and she’s mine, not officially, but literally. 

My arms were secured around her waist, as soon as the three words left her mouth I felt complete but protective. I had to protect her. Who knows what the others are going to say? Her friendships would fall apart. People would talk about her, send her hate. 

It was all my fault and if I got her in this beautiful mess I will protect her and get her out. 

My lips rested on her temple for a few sweet seconds, I could feel her body shaking slightly and it hurt to know she was in pain.  I didn’t know exactly what had gone on between her and Michael but I knew it was down to my big mouth blurting out my thoughts about her. I was on the line of regretting my drunken mistake or being proud of it. I have got to stop thinking about myself; I have to think about Sophie. My actions have to protect Sophie no matter how much it affects me. She was afraid; you could sense it from her shaking body. Her grip was tight on the covers that surrounded us. 

I just wanted to leave her caring kisses upon her cheek, I wanted to take away the pain from within her, I wanted to wash away the fears and be able to tell her everything was going to be alright…

But we knew it wasn’t.

We both had to face everyone but as long as I had her I am willing to fight. Michael never treated her how she needed to be treated. She deserved someone who cared about her feelings. I had never seen Michael in love and he really showed he loved her, but he never believed it. Sophie on the other had believed she love him because she’d only ever known to love him. Now she’s discovered her love for someone else, me. 

Her love for me is most likely so different for her love for Michael. It’s like it feels right with one person, but when someone else challenges that love something questions that and you find you’ve been tricking to yourself all along.

I loved being the one who could cheer her up but I didn’t want to be second best. Yet, she broke up with Michael for me? It meant so much more than she could ever imagine, to go from being second to being first is an amazing feeling that I had never experienced before. 

Her fragile and broken body stirred restlessly in my arms, searching for some relief of the pain she was feeling inside. I felt helpless. I just wanted to take all the troubles she would have to face later today away but I couldn’t. I wasn’t going Michael hurt her. Whatever he said in the argument to cause her to end everything they had must’ve been huge. Sophie was strong, well it always seemed that way, so to see her in such a state ached. 

In a perfect world, it’d just be me and her.