Chapter 26

Rebecca’s POV

She turned back to run up the stairs. “Sophie don’t you dare run away from me!” I shouted as she stopped again. “I don’t care if you fucked my Dad, you’re still my best friend and I can’t let you walk away from me again.” I could see people waiting in line were getting angry. “Just come back down here please”

“I can’t! You don’t understand!” She shouted back down to me, her face as pale as mine.

“Come down and tell me so I can” I cried. I was so desperate to have her in my arms again.

“I’ve hurt everyone!”

“I don’t care!”

“Well I do! Please!” I felt Ashton walk up behind me. People were now shoving past her to get a seat on the plane.

I could see her bite her thinking. “I will sort it out. It wasn’t your fault! I should have stopped you! I was just too selfish and only thought about my problems and I should have been there for you not call you a slut. You’re my best friend no matter what shit we go through. Just please don’t do this to me again. I will do anything.”

I could have fainted when she started running down the steps. She ran into me tackling me in a hug. I was crying loudly in her arms. The relief to hold her again hit me like a Tsunami. When we pulled apart, I wiped my tears. “Please don’t go”

“I- I need to… I can’t let everyone fall apart because of my drunken mistakes. He just confuses me, they both do. I’ve hurt them too much within 1 week”

“No you don’t! Can’t you see everyone loves you? No one blames you, it’s just shocked them. And yes it hurt Michael but he doesn’t mean what he says, he loves you!”

“That’s why I have to go…”

“No! That’s why you have to stay.”

“I’m leaving… I’m sorry”

I remember the day you told me you were leaving.

Her makeup was running down her face as she cried and turned to walk back towards the plane.

I remember the makeup running down your face.

All our childhood played in front of me as she stepped closer to the steps.

All the dreams you left behind, you didn’t need them.

I remembered Liam’s 7th birthday and us all wishing the same wish as he blew out the candles.

Like every single wish we ever made.

“Wait!” I shouted.

She turned to face me.

“Remember Liam’s 7th birthday? When we all made the wish together? That we’d stay together until the day we die. We promised that if we ever fell out that we needed to remind each other of this day and we promised to forget what had happened and just walk back into one another’s arms and stay there for a minute or so.”

She nodded.

“Well if you leave now you’ll break that promise. Everything we ever had. You’d ruin it and that’s more unforgiveable than anything else we’ve ever done. So please… Just come down here and get your bags so we can go back to the hotel and forget everything.”

That’s all it took. I saw her make her way back to me not a word. Ashton went to go get her bags and we walked arm in arm back to the car.

When we arrived back to the hotel, I saw Sophie slip into another room.

Whoever’s it was, she had chosen them.