Chapter 13

Rebecca’s POV:

“Ashton!” I squealed trying to swim from out of his arms which were securely wrapped around my waist. As I escaped his hands I swam underwater and returned to the surface. I could feel Niall’s eyes on me making me really insecure. I smiled over at him begging him to come join me and Ashton but he lifted his beer in the air slightly, indicating he’s busy. 

I sighed, I wanted tonight to be fun which it was but with Ashton and everything’s fun with Ashton. Niall just seems distant whenever I’m having fun with someone else. Today we kissed. I have to admit, it was my first kiss, but it was electrifying. How our lips moved together and you could feel our smiles. It was perfect. I had never even thought about my feelings towards Niall but ever since that kiss he hasn’t left my mind.

“Cookoo” Ashton called waving a hand in front of my face. I blinked out of my trance.

“Oh sorry” I laughed blushing slightly from my embarrassment. A sudden wash of confidence took over me as I hopped on Ashton’s back; if Niall wasn’t joining me I might as well have fun. “Swim butthead” I demanded. 

“Who said you could call me butthead, boo?”

“Me.” I grinned as he started swimming. I looked around from on top of Ashton’s back and spotted two people in the corner of my eye. There, my tipsy best friend was pinned into the corner of the pool. I recognised the curls of the boy who was cornering her. What was going on? Why wasn’t she with Michael? I know they may not be an official couple but she can’t just go off with other boys. Yes, she was drunk and I’m sure Harry had had a few but doesn’t she have a least one bit of sense of what she’s getting herself into? They were very close to each other, their lips millimetres from touching. 

A drunken giggle from Sophie and all of a sudden Harry was climbing out of the pool. I watched as they both snuck off into the hotel. I gulped loudly knowing I should do something but I just didn’t have the guts.

I need to get off Ashton and go do something before they hurt Michael, my conscience screamed at me but I remained still as everything blurred.

Now the alcohol decided to mess with me.