Chapter 8

Sophie POV

When we all finally arrived back at the hotel, I slipped into mine and Michael’s shared hotel room. The smell of sex and aftershave still laced in everything homed in the room.

My hands slowly lifted off my tshirt, the jumper of Michael’s and disco pants all making their way to the suitcase I had still yet to unpack. Michael’s worn plaid flannel shirt soon finding its way onto my body as I wiped all of my makeup off, tying my hair in a messy bun on the top of my head. The pastel pink still slightly showing from the time Michael had insisted we dye our hair together.

“Come on, they’ll think we’re at It again” I laugh gently before shaking my head slowly. Michael’s head nodded as he pulled off his clothes, apart from his boxers. I padded into the kitchen, grabbing a large bottle of coke as my long, sun tanned legs began to show more and more under the shirt. My white, lace panties on show when I bent over to the fridge before being covered back up soon after.

Finally, we made our way over to Liam’s room where everyone was watching ‘The little mermaid’ being shown on the screen as I settled on a sofa beside Michael, curled up close to him with his hand on my lower back and face buried into the side of my head, leaving soft and tender kisses.

“Your both sickeningly cute” Ash smirks, shaking his head before looking at Luke and laughing as his eyes were focused on his phone, ignoring anyone around him. A wide grin on his lips as he text Grace over and over. The friend of Becky’s and Liam’s who he had met before.

Soon enough the film had started. Niall was looking at it confused, as if to find a hidden meaning and a couple of people were fighting off sleep, claiming they weren’t tired quite yet. Michael’s lips were placed at various points on my head and face. Covering my lips, cheeks, nose, forehead and any other space he could find. His hand gently holding my chin so his lips could slowly move against mine in a soft and gentle manner.

The film was now at the point everyone knew. ‘Under The Sea’. Everyone began to smile wide as I pushed Michael away gently with a smirk. “This is the best bit, you can’t miss it!” I giggled cutely, cuddling closer and closer to his body, as if to stop him going anywhere.

Sebastian began to speak as everyone watched and smiled. That’s when two other people spoke up.

Liam and Rebecca.

That one line.

Their childhood.

Everything coming together.

Three voices speaking those same words.

‘The grass is always greener in somebody else’s lake’.