74. Major Consequences

Harry

What a turning point I succeeded! "Medicine" made me an icon of the gay scene overnight. I'm proud of it. My fears of being showered with hatred and anger were in vain. On the contrary. I finally don't have to hide anymore.

Louis called me the very next day and congratulated me. He had also heard the song and was thrilled. Secretly he hoped it was about him. But this isn't the case. I'm singing about Zayn and me. It is our experience that I share.

Gemma visits me today and I'm excited. As she enters my apartment, she hugs me tightly and whispers in my ear:

"I'm so proud of you, brother."

We sit down and then she looks at me expectantly with her big eyes.

"That was long overdue, dear. Why have you been waiting so long?"

"It takes the right time, Gem.", I say carefully.

"What triggered it ?", She wants to know and bites off the cake.

"You've been dating Lou for half an eternity. He didn't force you to do that, did he?" 

"Gemma, this isn't about Louis.", I answer softly.

"Not?"

Helplessness is written on her face. She is irritated. She didn't expect that.

"Did I miss anything? I thought you and Lou, you ..." 

I shake my head in disbelief.

 "Gemma, it's Zayn!" I exclaim suddenly.

"It was always Zayn!"

Tears are in my eyes and I can't hold them back.

"I love Zayn," I whine. 

"Am I getting you right? You love Zayn? Zayn Malik?"

My sister is speechless. The silence in the room crushes me. I would like to be alone right now. It is finally been said. I've always kept it from my family. Maybe they knew about my bisexuality. But they didn't suspect ​​Zayn.

They always saw me with Louis at my side. Gemma was the biggest Larry's shipper of all.

"I need a second to take all of this in," she says. 

"All these years you fooled us, Haz. Everyone thought you and Lou were a couple, except Anne. Unbelievable. Does he know?" Asks Gemma. 

"Who?"

 "Does Louis know that you love Zayn?" She adds.

 "No, he didn't. We never talked about it. I could never tell him either. Zayn didn't want it. It was a matter between the two of us. Nobody knew about it," I say calmly. 

My sister stands up and switches my computer on.

"What are you doing?" I ask curiously. 

"You have no idea, do you?" She laughs.

I shake my head.

"Now, your lovely sister will show you something. That will cheer you up. When I heard it this morning, I thought: again another song from him. But according to your story, it makes all sense now." She says. 

"What is it, Gemma?" 

"It's a letter to you, Harold. A message from Zayn!".

She uploads YouTube and clicks on a video. 

And then I hear "Let me".