6. Heartache

Flashback Harry

This year we start our "Take Me Home Tour". We play 123 concerts worldwide. That means a lot of stress for all of us and hardly any time with the family. Our belongings are in suitcases, we sleep permanently in hotels or in the tour bus. In addition, there are also various interviews and radio shows.

Tonight we are playing at the O2 Arena in London. Before we have to arrive there for the soundcheck, we have lunch together at Nandos. When I arrived shortly after 12 o'clock, Niall, Liam and Louis were already chatting to each other. I pushed myself to the table and let my gaze wander. Where is Zayn? A short time later, I spotted a couple at the entrance, holding hands. It took my breath away. Perrie and Zayn. Both beamed and giggled.

 "Hey!", Zayn smiles.

 "Hello!", Perrie says.

 "Did you make it on time?", Niall replies.

 As Zayn sits down, his gaze is directed on me. Our eyes meet for a brief  moment and the world stands still . My heart constricts as Perrie takes Zayn's hand and kisses him on the cheeks. Zayn avoids my eyes and made a helplessly face. 

"Perrie, we are in public." he whispers to her. 

"Zaynie, if you forgot, we're together and everyone knows, so why hide and seek?" she grumbles.

 Before the others can make their comments on it, I stand up and run towards the restroom. I feel miserable and I need some refreshing urgently. In the anteroom, I stare into the mirror and splash ice-cold water in my face. My eyes are burning because I hold back my tears. I would like to tell him, how much I care for him, I want to hold his hand, kiss his cheek, feel his heartbeat and I am not allowed to. I endure the blonde at his side instead and dying of jealousy .

Unnoticed, the door opens. I still cry in front of the mirror, when a warm hand touches me. Zayn stands right behind me and leans against my back. "Hey," he whispers in my ear and gently kisses my earlobe.

 I'm melting in his touch and I can't think straight. 

"Zayn ... I ... I ...", I stammer and sob quietly. 

"What's wrong with you, babe?," he asks, stroking my hair.

 "What's the matter with me?" 

"You really have to ask, Zayn?" 

"Are you excited about tonight?", he continues.

 "You must be kidding !! ", I reply almost hysterically.

 "You're showing up with Perrie on our lunchbreak , holding hands with her. I saw it all. Both of you whispering love in public and in front of me.  And then you ask what's going on?" I am stunned and deaf.