50. Response

Harry

It's spring. Nature awakens. First flowers are blooming and the trees are green. It is May. 

While life begins around me, I have died inside. 

My album has been released and that with terrific success.

My songs contain my thoughts, my love, my pain and my longing - my longing for the man, who left me weeks ago. My yearning for the man, who didn't want to hear my explanations. I am lonely and forgotten.

I wrote "From the Dining Table" for Zayn. That was the most intimate thing I've ever musically revealed in public. Most of my fans loved the melodic songs like "Sign of the Times" or "Kiwi". "From the Dining Table" attracts less notice.   It was purer, more serious and without great instruments. But the song was profound and it was for Zayn.

Grimmy called me one evening and invited me to dinner in a well-known restaurant. I didn't feel like it. 

"Styles," he said, "you should go back to the people, you're lonely. So get moving. We'll meet at 8." 

Before I could cancel him, he hung up.

Flashback Harry

My best friend, Nick Grimshaw, is already waiting for me in a small restaurant. There are other acquaintances sitting at the table. 

"Hey Haz, come sit with us.  We've been waiting for you with the order. The food is excellent here and the cook is too!" He yells across the table. 

I roll my eyes and take a seat. 

"Then surprise me, Grimmy," I say. 

"I will, my dear, I will." He answers with a wink.

A beautiful waitress comes to us. Her blond hair is cut into a bob. Our glances meet for a brief moment. She smiles at me and hands me the menue. From the corner of my eye, I see Nick laughing mischievously.

 "Tess, we don't need a menu. We totally trust you, aren't  we, Styles?" He says.

 I shrug my shoulders helplessly. 

"So what do you recommend, Miss?" I ask her.

The food is indeed excellent. I'm impressed.

 "Did I promise you too much, Harry?" Nick grins. 

"Not at all. It was delicious. I haven't eaten so well in a long time." I reply.

 "And how do you like the cook?", He wants to know. 

"Is Tess the cook?"

 "You guessed it, Hazza!" He laughs.

 "She's adorable." I answer.

Before we leave the restaurant, Tess gives me her phone number. 

"Call me on occasion, Harry Styles." 

She whispers in my ear. I give her a kiss on the cheek. 

"With pleasure, beauty."