3. Captivated

Flashback Harry

We have an interview in England. "One Direction" is invited to the "Up all Night Listening Party".  With enormous noise the blonde interviewer welcomes us in the studio. 

Everyone is in a good mood, throwing themselves on the sofa. I take the chance immediately and sit right on the edge next to Zayn. Our management has told us in advance, that Louis and I are not allowed to sit side by side. "Larry" should continue to circulate, but not so obviously.  I'm okay with that.

"Larry" is not my priority anymore. Louis smells a rat, but says nothing. My feelings are going crazy. I love flirting with Louis, and I love being the center of attention. Yes, I love him, but in a different way. He is important to me. He loves me and I love him. Nevertheless, I notice my increasing interest in Zayn. I'm fascinated by those beautiful eyes, full lips and his irresistible smile. What I've never realized has caught my attention now. Sometimes I notice Zayn's stealthy glances. He lowers his eyelids, his thick, long eyelashes almost touching his cheeks. Then he looks at me and a soft smile flutters about his lips. I enjoy this kind of attention. It makes me alive, shows me that Louis isn't the only one. Does Zayn have feelings for me? 

At the beginning of the interview, I feel an arm around my shoulders. Zayn clings to me, as if it were the most natural thing in the world  and smiles happily into the camera. Louis fidgets restlessly back and forth on his chair. Louis forces a smile and I free myself from his embrace, to soothe him. Zayn doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of the situation. Seconds later, he wraps his arm around me again. Louis feels compelled to put his hand on Zayn's knee. A hint of jealousy caught me. What is his hand doing on Zayn? I put on a grim expression. During the conversation, we are asked how we deal with homesickness. 

"Oh, we're always be there for one other.", replies Liam. 

Everyone nod in agreement and Louis stares at me with wide eyes. At that moment Zayn pulls me close to him. For Zayn, this gesture seems quite normal and friendly. I can't think straight right now.This physical closeness, that intimate moment and the indescribable scent of his body seize me in a matter of seconds. My lips brush against his neck and breath a kiss. My arms embrace him and my hands gently caress his belly. I 'm completely snuggled into this position and could stay like this forever. 

"Liam always finds the right words," whispers Zayn.

 "Yes," I say.

"But you're a man of deeds," I whisper into his ear.

 Zayn stares awkwardly at me for a moment, freeing himself from our embrace. My cheeks redden and I regret my words. Hastily I grasp with both hands through my curls and cover up my embarrassment.