18. Say Something

Flashback Harry

Nervously I look at the clock again and again. Watch the second hand's movement. Clack. Clack. Clack. Time seems to be moving in slow motion. Way too slow. Since this morning I am no longer able to work on my project. Head chaos, emotional chaos determine my daily rhythm and throw me back for weeks. I can't write any more, the clacking of the old typewriter keys makes me nervous.

My musicians have left for a trip into the surrounding. I'm alone. My breakfast is still untouched on the patio table. I am without appetite. For a short time, I'm considering wheter if I should have a drink to numb my anxiety and relax inside. The whiskey is heavy and golden. It runs down my throat and causes a slight burning sensation. "I drink in the morning!" I ponder. I usually reject alcohol in everyday life. He makes me unpredictable and clouds my senses.

Flashback Zayn

Done. Relieved, I put my iPhone aside. Ther is a smile on my face. Ed called me the day before yesterday and told me that Harry had flown to the lodge for recording music. "Make the best of it, boy!" He instructed me. "Do not miss this chance!" He added. Then he hung up. For hours, I wondered what to do. My wish, to finally be able to talk to Harry after the long time was fast approaching. "Make the best of it, boy!", It echoed in my head. Without further ado, I decided to choose the impersonal way. I just wrote to him. Talking was still too difficult and I did not want to take any chances. But will he come?

To bridge the remaining hours, I walk into the kitchen and pack up a picnic basket. By no means do I want to meet Harry in a restaurant. Everywhere the reporters lurk like biting dogs. Always looking for a good story. Time should only belong to both of us. I'm not sure yet what I expect from our meeting. Shall I confess my love to him? Shall I reproach him because he never contacted me? I get a Marlboro from the package, light it and inhale the smoke with relish. That calms me. For a moment, I forget the world.