71. New Ways II

Harry

After my first concert, I'm standing with Louis in his kitchen around midnight. We cook his special dish - stuffed chicken breast. He is a born entertainer, even in simple activities. He just won't get boring . It took hours to make supper and he jokes all the time. 

"Lou, how long has it been since we last cooked together?" I ask. 

"Haz, probably forever." He answers. 

"But, it's never too late."

When the chicken is in the oven, he picks up the rest of ham and cheese from the chopping board and stuffs them into his mouth. 

"Hey, what about me? I'm starving!" I moan.

 "Come here, Hazza!"

 He stands in front of me and feeds me small pieces. His long fingers gently touch my lips. I'm confused, and so is Louis. This intimacy we had years ago is suddenly back. You just don't forget it. Now I also reach for the ham and feed him. Louis licks my fingers. We look at each other and then he slowly leans in. 

"Harry, may I kiss you?" He asks hoarsely.

 The blue of his eyes is even more blue. The red of his lips looks even redder. It captures me right now. 

"Yes, please," I whisper. 

Louis leans carefully to me and his red mouth gently touches mine. His lips are soft and thin. The kiss is tender and innocent and takes only a fraction of a second. When Louis pulls away from me, I pull him back. 

"Kiss me again, Lou." I whisper in his ear. "Just kiss me."

I don't know what's between us. None of us knows, where it taking us. The moment, however, is beautiful and we enjoy it. That night, we won't go too far. We were just kissing. 

The food is really delicious. We sit comfortably at the table and share memories. Our eyes meet now and then. It warms my heart. Louis still loves me, I think. He never stopped. Eleonor was just the alibi girlfriend to cover up his homosexuality. I gave up on Louis - because of Zayn and his mysterious manner, which attracted me magically. Was it really worth it? With Lou I could have what Zayn will never give me - reliability, honesty, trust and public. He doesn't care about gossip . He is a free spirit, a border crosser. Do I actually think, after this one date, Lou would be the right one ?

At some point we say goodbye to each other. Satisfied and tired, I fall asleep this night with Louis in my mind.