26. Consequences

Harry

I rush from press conference to press conference. "Sign of the Times" has finally been released and the events came thick and fast. Normality doesn't exist anymore. Everyone is tugging at me. The single hits like a bomb. My management is already planning first concerts, although the album will not be released until the end of May and nobody knows yet how it will be accepted by the music industry and the fans. I didn't expect this feedback.

Just as I'm taking a short break between two radio interviews and biting into my sandwich, my iPhone is ringing. I got a new message.

" Congratulations to the single and your relationship with Tommo. Z."

I nearly choked. An assistant brings me a glass of water. His message was completely unexpected and I'm almost collapsing. Zayn is back. I wonder what relationship with Tommo does he mean? And then it hits me. The photo from the newspaper! Zayn saw it, didn't he? I frantically thinking about how to respond to his message.

"Thanks, mate. I am proud of the single. What do you mean by relationship with Tommo?  H."

I stare at the phone and wait for an answer. Nothing. No response. When the editor calls me back to the studio, another message comes.

"You explain it to me, Styles. Z."

I give the presenter a short wave and signal that I have to answer my phone. He nods annoyed and taps wildly with his index finger on his watch. He urges me to hurry.

" I don't have time for explanations, Zayn. I don't have to justify myself either. H."

" I am all ears, Styles. Meet me at 8 at my house. I cook my famous chicken lasagna. Z"

"I am not sure yet if I will come. H."

"I'm sure you're coming. I expect you at 8. Z."